Ephedra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge has struck down the FDA ban on supplements containing ephedra, a weight-loss aid linked to dozens of deaths, but it's too early to tell whether the product will be back in stores anytime soon.

The judge Thursday ruled in favor of a Utah supplement company that challenged the Food and Drug Administration's year-old ban. Nutraceutical claimed that ephedra has been safely consumed for hundreds of years.

Not sure if anyone here has ever taken ephedra, or has any interest in it, but I know of one place selling a limited supply... let me know if you're interested...

Did it for years at Raves when all my friends were doing E. Not interested in buying any, but thanks for the info dude.

yea, you don't fuck with the FDA, i think only a matter of time before the Ban goes back into effect...
and this place i bought it from like 2 years ago sent me an e-mail saying they were selling again cause the judge ruled the ban could not be upheld, and also ruled that the ban should not be enforced until its reviewed by the FDA...

during my last year at college i started going to the gym hardcore, working out everyday... thats when i was using the ephedra and it made a world of diffrence for me... 110% with energy to spare... comparable to legal speed
lol

so anyone thats looking to get in shape should be happy to hear about this ban being lifted :)

fuck, if this works someone should bring a suit against the ban on marijuana...

the main claim for this ruling was that ephedra was used safely for thousands of years with no ill effects, and i'm pretty damn sure you can make the same arguement for marijuana...
lol

the ephedra ban only happened because one famous person died because of it... 155 deaths linked to ephedra, but once one big name pitcher dies then shit hits the fan... and his body temp was way too high as well as dehydration... i think this would be considered unsafe use...

i also think the ban might have had something to do with ephedra being used as a main ingredient in amphetamines, but there are already regulations about how much pure ephedra someone can buy at any given time...

but ya know? im sure millions of people have died from asprin.

some people just can't take certain things.

and how about all those warnings now on drugs--

side effects include blah blah blah blah blah, and your liver may collapse, but you're head will feel better

Originally posted by adnoh@Apr 15 2005, 12:17 PM
Did it for years at Raves when all my friends were doing E. Not interested in buying any, but thanks for the info dude.
[post=487486]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude that makes 2 of us. I never wanted to roll, but drinking booze/taking GNC yellow jackets or other Ephedra drugs made for a fun night.

Honestly im not interested in buying any of it either -> as i dont see it having any benefits than enhancing your f'ed up expiriences.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 15 2005, 12:57 PM
i also think the ban might have had something to do with ephedra being used as a main ingredient in amphetamines, but there are already regulations about how much pure ephedra someone can buy at any given time...
[post=487503]Quoted post[/post]​

I think the Airforce gives its pilots ephedra when the go on long missions . . . they are not forced to take it.

seriously? i know that military gives caffiene pills and now testing a caffiene gum that absorbs faster and hits you faster/longer.

ephedra isn't about the speed side of things for the most part--- at least not from a GNC point of view.

ephedra is really all about increasing your metabolism, and it gives you an enegry boost when you;re working out

take it half hour before hitting the gym and you tend to lift more and lift harder... meaning a better workout, giving 110% instead of just 100%...

and its funny that you mention asprin above...

you know they limit the amount of asprin you can buy at any given time in britian?
too many people were taking it to OD and suicide themselves so the gov't put it on lockdown...
you know the jumbo family bottles we have here?
lol, not there...

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Apr 15 2005, 07:32 PM
seriously? i know that military gives caffiene pills and now testing a caffiene gum that absorbs faster and hits you faster/longer.
[post=487513]Quoted post[/post]​

We do?

The Committee on Military Nutrition Research of the Institute of Medicine's Food and Nutrition Board was asked by the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC) to prepare a brief report that would assist the Department of Defense in transitioning civilian and military caffeine research to military application. Specifically, the USAMRMC indicated that the intent is to provide a pharmacological/dietary supplement strategy to significantly counter performance deficits in special circumstances when doctrinal and behavioral solutions (adherence to appropriate work-rest cycles, naps, etc.) are not possible or break down.

there was another recent article on this but i can't find it...

my roomate in school was heavy into lifting... and even heavier into drinking...

he used to take a couple pills before going drinking to ensure he would be able to stay wide awake to drink way into the am hours...

he also drank so much at happy hour on his bday that he passed right the fuck out in the dorm room, dead to the world, woke up an hour later and went back out drinking!!! wtf lol this was ephedra free

Your friend is going to have liver problems with drinking and heart problems with ephedra.

If you know anyone that has seriously taken ephedra at the "recommended" doses, they will let you know it doesn't feel right. Your heart starts to pound, and you can almost hear it. Or atleast that's my experience, and my good friend's.

I wouldn't recommend it, I would recommend just eating healthier for more energy in the gym.

my friend is older and wiser now, cut down on drinking and the ephedra...

this was all college shit going on... not really his lifestyle...

and yes i know al about ephedra
some people have said it makes them too nervous/pounding heart and all that, and some people handle it fine

all depends on how much you can feel chemicals in your body and the effect those chemicals have...

i have never felt at risk, or in any danger from ephedra...
but i will also drink a pot of coffee and be fine...

I would recommend just eating healthier for more energy in the gym.

this is of course the best advise...

some people just need a little push, more-so than others...

Back