EPIC JOURNEY. a.k.a. epic suffering.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but he's on a bike, he'll get fatigued and have to stop more for fuel.

Yup, I've done 1500 miles in 21 hours before, stopping only for fuel.. But that was in a CRX (those seats fit me like no other, no driver fatigue whatsoever). I won't be riding all the way through the night like that though, motel ftw. Going to roll the bike up inside. I've managed to get an early friday morning flight, so I'll hit phoenix at 11:00, deal with all the dealer bullshit, probably leave there around 2:00 pm and start my journey. 10:00 pm, hit a motel, 6am hit the blacktop again. Ride through the day, until 10:00 pm. Probably crying like a bitch toward the end of the day. Getting there early friday will make a big difference. I'll actually be able to catch a nap before going back to work.

Not looking forward to sleeping in El Paso.

Motels don't like it when you pull your bike in.

Buy gum. I find when I chew gum while on a long ride I don't have the tendency to let my mind wander as much. I also try to avoid the energy drinks when I'm going on a long ride for a couple reasons. They make me piss every thirty seconds, and when "crashing" I tend to not be able to focus on the things I should.

As for your pace, I would treat it like football--find a blocker and head for the endzone. If you are just cruising at the speed limit, there are going to be lots of people that are going to pass you, and that could get scary during heavy traffic when people are trying to continue doing 80 and moving over a lane while your doing 60.

Well I'll keep up with traffic, lol. If everyone or 90% of people are doing 80, I will be, too. Will do the gum thing though. thx.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of keyboard gel wrist pads, attatching them side by side on non skid shelf stuff, and using that for a seat pad. Could be genius, could be retarded. Looking into it.

And wondering if gel pads will be allowed through airport security.. I know you can't have liquids over 2oz, so more than likely not.

I do think an AZ to TX trip on a bike would be fun if you could AVG 150mph the whole way.

=) =) =)

care to try?

Oh yeah, the helmet I ordered is back ordered, so I just refunded it. The dealership I am going to has a "Helmet House".. Supposedly a crapton of helmets to try on. So I'll just pick up a hat there.

Well, here we go. Hopping on the plane at 7am, will be in phoenix at 10:15 am AZ time, then heading back on the bike. Wish me luck and all that crap. If I never post again, you'll know all didn't go well.

goodluck,hopefully your first post back will be a pic. of the bike

There are no black/black 2007 bikes available for sale new in Texas.

Anyhow, The trip was flawless, went better than planned. No flight delays, no hickups at the dealership, and the bike is flippin awesome. I picked up an HJC CL-15 dragon helmet at the dealership, It is very comfortable and the venting is functional. I had to ride out of Phoenix in 110 degree heat and still have no complaints whatsoever about it. The riding fatigue isn't half of what I expected it to be. Sitting here, fresh off of a 1005 mile trip, my back is perfectly fine, arms, hands, perfectly fine. Ass is sore, of course, and my legs are very stiff, but it was bearable. Stopped only for fuel, grabbed gatorade and redbull at just about every stop.

The bike itself is awesome. Great sound, great feel, incredibly agile and quick, sexy to boot. Everything I could ever dream of in a bike. Did I mention quick? Holy freakin crap quick.

Anyway, trip was awesome, and I'm actually sad that its over. I'll have to plan another crazy ass run some day soon.

Now I'm off to soak in a bath, work out some of the stiffness in my legs.

Congrats on the new bike, I really hope you wore ear plugs.

that many hours straight on a motorcycle with the wind noise will really F with your ears.

For certain. Cheap squeezy form fitting ear plugs ftw!

Nope! Well, I have a camera full, but I left it at the holiday inn. A $300 digital camera, left on the bed.. Didn't realize it until 200 miles later. I figured it was history. Called em up, told them I had forgotten it, and they said they'd get with the cleaning lady and call me back. 5 minutes later I get a call.. "This is a nice camera you have." They're mailing it monday. I figured that bastard was gone.

I had gotten it out of its case and was going to put it into my inner jacket pocket for quick access during the ride. I went to breakfast, came back, packed up in a hurry, and hauled ass.

Yeah, I have pics of the bike inside holiday inn, lol.

Nope! Well, I have a camera full, but I left it at the holiday inn. A $300 digital camera, left on the bed.. Didn't realize it until 200 miles later. I figured it was history. Called em up, told them I had forgotten it, and they said they'd get with the cleaning lady and call me back. 5 minutes later I get a call.. "This is a nice camera you have." They're mailing it monday. I figured that bastard was gone.

I had gotten it out of its case and was going to put it into my inner jacket pocket for quick access during the ride. I went to breakfast, came back, packed up in a hurry, and hauled ass.

Yeah, I have pics of the bike inside holiday inn, lol.

I hope you took some naky pictures of one of the employees at the holiday inn,

"hey whats up? you like motorcycles? want me to take some pictures of you on mine?"

such an easy in... trust me...

I hope you took some naky pictures of one of the employees at the holiday inn,

"hey whats up? you like motorcycles? want me to take some pictures of you on mine?"

such an easy in... trust me...

Repped for accuracy. I didn't seal the deal, but yes . That's about how easy it is with a sportbike. Harley... eh.. good luck finding a woman that looks good and is into posing with cruisers.

But $50 settles that problem nicely.

Back