Erick racing ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18delsol

Alot of people said that Erick's racing ecu is really good but when i tried it, it seem like a regular ecu but just redline longer. Anyone got this ecu and have any comments? (ERick's racing out of CA)

Every chip of theirs I've seen in ECUs I've received from ppl (2 to be precise) was a rip off of the same Mugen/Skunk2 chip that is utter garbage.

I'm saying the ones that I've seen (which aren't necessarily the same as the one in your ECU) are ripoffs of the notorious skunk2/mugen chip, which is accepted to be garbage.

Chipped ECUs are garbage, as they all are untunable, and tuned for someone elses setup. I would look into a VAFC before ever looking into a chip for an ECU.

Chipping an ecu is just using fuel and ignition curves that were programmed for someone elses engine. No matter what parts they used in their motors, even if you copied their motor part for part, your motor would not perform the same. Maybe close, but the metallurgical properties of the materials processed to make your motor parts, the breaking in procedures, the condition under which their motor was tuned to run, will all differ from your motor. Just invest in some tuning, cars aren't merely a manipulation of variables, which is basically what you are doing by getting a prefabbed program. Just sink some extra cash into some form of tuning, be it hondata/motec/electromotive/vafc/etc.

Motec is insane stuff.

Back