Eric's '92 Prelude Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

okay, so i'm going to pick this car up on saturday and it is a project for me. i want this to ultimately be fast and look good. it has an F22 with a 5-speed. any ideas on it? i was thinking a burnt metallic orange like on the newer honda goldwing motorcycles? it runs good just needs the bodywork done. what kind of ecu upgrades are out there?
006-1.jpg

006-Copy.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

and yes i have all the plastic interior pieces they're layin in the back seat lol
013.jpg

Prolly smells awful inside! Def a project car! Is your intent to race it?

Could turbo that motor pretty cheap, gut the interior and beat the piss out of it. My vote!

It looks like my Civic when I started, and it is coming along well. Do not get discouraged. What kind of HP and TQ numbers are you looking for out of this car? That information will help better everyone's understanding of what you have to what you want. I would see if the engine runs good first because there is no point in having a nice body and no good engine. See if it is good first. Then the most typical horsepower/torque booster is obviously a turbo and/or nitrous oxide. The main point for ECU tuning is for boost or tuning a nicely built engine, however, you can still get a performance chip that runs stock maps but is more useful than a factory tuned ECU.

i am doing a 92 prelude as we speak. there is alot that you can do with it. first i would get a jdm h22 and a hondata ecu...s100 should work just fine.

very true. but if he is just going to use it for a track car then it will work.imo....you can get 92-96 preludes all day long around here for 600-900$ with blown motors. thyen just throw an h22 and chipped ecu and vola.........but thats just my opinion

hey if he enjoys it and has the money and time i say go for it. i would like to do that.....if i had the money/time/tools for a complete over haul of just about everything.............

but you should try to spend money to improve stuff, not repair it. you can buy those preludes in good shape for $1500-$2500. it would cost $5000 to get it to the point of where you could buy a decent one for $2000.

yeah but i cant afford one thats in really good condition. it runs great just needs body work and one of my friends does really good paint and body and i can get him to do it for cheap. im trading a dirtbike for it so its not that bad of a deal. and this will be a project street car for the rest of the time i live here and i may take it when i move out in 4 years but im not sure... i wanna turbo it i found the complete turbo kit for it for 600 that i may buy when i get money saved up. i'm goin to pick it up in the morning and i'll let you guys know more about it then.

so i picked the lude up today and it runs like a dream. im hooked now lol... right now its runnin open headers and its loud as hell... lol i cant wait to get my next (horrible) paycheck so i can start fixin it up. i love the rims they're american racing with like graphite color on everything but the center and front of the spokes.anybody know of a good import junkyard around indiana or ohio? i need a few little pieces for the interior and stuff... im still open to ideas.... i wanna keep the f22a1 in it though

:driver2:

That is awesome, man! I cannot wait to see the pictures of your progress. It will be exciting.

Good luck with your project man! After you repair the front end damage, I would start sourcing turbo parts if u wanna go fast

so i stripped the carpet out of the interior and the floorboards are good have NO rust they look good ill have pics up later.

Back