Eric's '92 Prelude Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leave the body the way it is... turbo f22 sleeper!

not really at this point just headers and an intake but i plan on turboing it as soon as i save my money up, and i found some dsm injectors i think 440cc, for $50 in good shape, good deal?

yeah good deal. as for the prelude if I were you stick with it. Sell the whole f22 swap and buy yourself and h23 or h22. or on a bit cheaper end you could go with the accord ex motor f22a4. As for the rest of the stuff that needs to be fixed...honestly has no one heard of junkyards before? It doesn't cost nearly $5000 to do most of what he would need to do.

yeah, i gotta save some money so i can just go out to an import junkyard and just pull all the parts i need off of it for a few hundred and it'll be lookin better

im going to peel off all the window tint off today that the people that owned it before me didnt peel off

Anybody still lookin at my thread? lol well if so, here's what i did tonight. i cleaned up the radio wires so they arent a complete mess anymore and i re-routed my power wire in the engine bay. im going to look into my wiring more in the morning. oh, also i found a core support in great condition and perfect carpet all for $160 for both, thats a good deal right?

CIMG0697.jpg

CIMG0698.jpg

CIMG0700.jpg

CIMG0701.jpg

what do you guys recommend for paint for my valve cover?

CIMG0702.jpg

this is my recomendation keep the f22 and get an h22 head and make yourself a g23 they are fast as fawkkeep the car in primer for awhile and just put used body peices on it and call it a day and then little by little add to it thats what im doin on my sedan and ive already done a decent amount to it and i have no income right now cuz im on medical leave from work and have been since febbut keep it dont listen to those that dis on it or tell you not to cuz if you do all this you will love the car so much cuz of all the blood sweet and tears youve put into it

oh btw where do you live in indiana i used to live in erlanger ky right outside of cincinnatti ohio

i live like an hour and a half northwest of cincy, and i've never heard of the g23? any write ups on it or somethin i could look at?

well i can look for some later but basically its an f22 block with k20 pistons and an h22 head. its the frankenstien of frankenstien motors lol. but if done correctly they will put out more power than the k series. check hondatech for write ups. thats like the only car forum that i am not a member on i belong to quite a few but this is my newest. im even a moderator on 2 but i like this site cuz its about hondas and acura my two favorite car companies

Thank you for the pictures! I just have one suggestion, and only a suggestion, that would be to solder and heat-shrink your stereo connections rather than butt-connecting them together. But high-temperature paint and you will be fine, or get it sprayed by a painter if you want to go the extra length. Also, you need to take a dremel tool and put a sandpaper bit in it then sand down the whole cover or the paint will not stick. Goodluck!

yeah, im too lazy to solder them lol i have butt connectors in my truck and havent had a problem out of it at all. so high heat spray paint? is that what you're talkin about?

You should wash the engine and engine bay. That would make a hell of a difference. Maybe paint the valve cover as well...

pressure wash it or just wash it? i dont have a pressure washer but i could get one. and i plan on painting the valve cover once i get the paint (and the balls to pull it off) this would be my first time pulling one off

Back