1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erratic Ideling

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by cayotic, Mar 26, 2004.

1. cayotic

cayotic Junior Member

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29790

I found the informative topic above thanks to google. I disconnected the IAC valve as instructed and the idle didn't increase but slightly decreased maintaining the erratic idle.

I just had a custom intake manifold installed so that could be the culpret but I am troubleshooting other things first. I had to create a series of hoses and couplers to recreate the map and IACV system. Anyhow, I disconnected the Throttle Position sensor because I vaugely remeber that being the problem a couple years ago. See the harness is busted so it kinda just sits there. So I disconnect it and reconnect it to find my car idling fairly normal, considering the new head work and what not I don't know what normal is. But it sounds tolerable. Missing a small beat her and there. That should just be timing.

So I shut off the car and reset the ECU only to experience the dreaded erratic idle again. So I beg you, what do I need to do now. Is it the IACV as I described earlier when compaired to the article above? Or is it a vacuum? I only have 3 large vacuum couplers drilled in the manifold. I left one soley for the brake booster and I did tap into it for the regulator. The other for the vacuum canister and the IACV. And the 3rd I left for the MAP sensor. I don't know the name of it but it normaly sits in the center of the Intake manifold. I removed that upon hearing that Honda created it to prevent engine stall in the event that the car came quickly down from 8,000 RPMs. In which case I was told to position the throttle cable to where it would never drop below 800 rpms anyways.

Sorry to babble so here's a pic of the monster in the garage.

[​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted