1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

erratic idle

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by snowboarderguy44, Aug 25, 2003.

1. snowboarderguy44

snowboarderguy44 Member

this is on a d16z6, driving around town, my ilde was set at 1000 (due to mods and ECU tuning). yet wen i come to a stop, my ilde sometimes drops to like 100 or goes up to like 1500, and it comes and goes. wuts worse, wen i come to lights sometimes the motor straight up shuts off, im like WTF. unsure if its any of the hoses in the intake mani cuz i checked them all and they are find. help me out tunerz.

2. shb

shb Junior Member

check all the vac lines and make sure they are not leaking. also make sure that the tb gasket or intake mani gasket isnt leaking(will sound like a vac leak). if all of those check out the it could be the fast idol valve. it's on the bottom of the tb. on the firewall side there are 2 8mm blots holding the cover on. remove them and you will see a plastic ring with 2 slits in it with a brass nipple in the middle. tighen up the plastic ring with a screwdriver(be careful not to strip it) if none of this works post back. i have also seen the iac valve cause idle problems. also is your car throwing any cel's. good luck on fixing your problem.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted