1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erratic Idle

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by enasnIDX, Dec 28, 2004.

1. enasnIDX

enasnIDX Junior Member

My 94 civic dx has a really erratic idle. I was told it is because my intake and exhaust are too big for my engine. I was also told that advancing my timing would solve this? Does this sound correct? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

2. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

You know I have the same problem I have stage 2 Crower cams and Venom adjustable cam gears. When I am at a red light my revs go from 0-1k very erratic. My tuner told me it was my cams but when I was running a SAFC it did not do that now that I have a Hondata it does I think it may be the tune but I am not too sure. Hopefully someone can help us both out. Sorry I am not trying to threadjack.

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

i think ur stage 2 cams are supposed to have a littl ebit of a lope, you might be able to tune it out but I dunno.

The exhaust will cause a slight lope if it's too big or non existent (like my hatch). I'm just assuming you don't have a cat or high flow one, if it's true go back to the original and it should smooth everything out, otherwise wait for other responses, I personally wouldn't advance timing for those mods.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted