Error code 1 & 23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darien234

I know error code 1 is the 02 sensor and 23 I think is the knock sensor the code 23 I understand because I don't have a knock sensor wired. I replaced the 02 sensor after I check the circut but when you crank the car no check engine light after I get down the road and drive for about 5 to 10 min. and bam it pops right back on. What is the deal.

check ur fuel and air mixture u could be running a lean or rich condition. this will cause a different voltage output at the o2 sensor causing the check engine light. thats the main purpose of the o2 sensor.

Code 1 = O2 Sensor
Code 23 = Knock Sensor

Just make sure they are plugged in and working correctly. Or just replace em'.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Dec 5 2004, 06:47 PM
Code 1 = O2 Sensor
Code 23 = Knock Sensor

[post=426637]Quoted post[/post]​

use a ohm meter and check the resistance of you o2 wire/wires.. what setup you have,.. make sure its around 0.2 ohms...the knock sensor.. just add a knock and the wire... or run the wire and ground it.. that will remove your CEL.. whats setup you got???

Originally posted by crxb20ed+Dec 5 2004, 08:25 PM-->
brian11to1
@Dec 5 2004, 06:47 PM
Code 1 = O2 Sensor
Code 23 = Knock Sensor

use a ohm meter and check the resistance of you o2 wire/wires.. what setup you have,.. make sure its around 0.2 ohms...the knock sensor.. just add a knock and the wire... or run the wire and ground it.. that will remove your CEL.. whats setup you got???
[post=426694]Quoted post[/post]​

where are you getting the codes? my dx is throwing 12 and i wanna know what it is, i also want the code lit just for myself. thanks

Originally posted by ne3ek+Dec 7 2004, 12:39 AM-->
Originally posted by crxb20ed@Dec 5 2004, 08:25 PM
brian11to1
@Dec 5 2004, 06:47 PM
Code 1 = O2 Sensor
Code 23 = Knock Sensor

[post=426694]Quoted post[/post]​

where are you getting the codes? my dx is throwing 12 and i wanna know what it is, i also want the code lit just for myself. thanks
[post=427458]Quoted post[/post]​

Its a d16 z6 in my 89 crx I was running the pm6 and it was doing the same thing. I decided I wanted vtec so I put in my PR3 from the ls vtec I'm building ran the wires everything is fine and that check engine light came right back on. I replace the O2 already. I know the air fuel ratio is off alittle or alot.

Back