error code 9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:worthy: :worthy: i have a 90 civic and i'm getting a p on the ecu. What are some fixes for this???? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

That is exactly what i thought. I put in some JDM zc cams and had them out of time. I fixed that and not untill it warms up horepower is consistent, after it warms up there is NO horsepower before 3500-4500 rpms. Then up around 6500 rpms there is a boat load of power coming on untill fuel/ign cutoff. Speaking of which. I'm not sure what internals went into the motor buildup for autocross before i bought it, so what is a "safe" redline?? I have TONS of power at 7000-7500 rpms then the engine cutoff. How can I get around this??? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

so did you get your distributor issue fixed?

Assuming you did, I wouldn't put your redline any higher than 8000 unless you are positive the valvetrain is built to take it.

To raise the revlimiter, you need to chip the ECU.

Two things:

1) OBD1+ distributor is not compatible with OBD0

2) Your cam timing is fucked. CYP (code 9, remember) is on your exhaust cam and your TDC and CRANK are on your intake came. If the signal is at all phased incorrectly you get codes.

Iam having problems right now with this code. Iam runing a b16A. What I would do first is change out dizzys with a well know working one and or ecu's. If you still a code and confident on your wiring then thats were iam stuck. :lol: Can somthing as simple as bad timing set this code off?

if your cams are significantly out of time, maybe.

Check and double check wiring.
Check and double check distributor.

I cked my dist. and its good. I know this might not be a smart thing to do but I ran the wires straight from the 8pin conector straight to the pins on the ecu for the cyl sensors. I forget which ones I think c1 and c2. Iam still getting code 9.

Would that determine that its not the wiring its the timming? Also woud this code keep me from hitting pass 7 grand on the rev. limit. Iam not supose to have one at all.

Back