Error Code on B18C1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importgirl96h

hey. im new to this forum thing so i dont really know what im doing but i have a 97 gs-r with spoon sport pistons in my 97 hatch. Im getting a p1259 error code (v-tec system malfunction). I cant figure out what the problem is and i was wondering if it might have something to do with the pistons.....would i need to tune my ecu??? im not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

check to make sure the solenoid is plugged in and check for a bad ground....then check the pin at the ecu and check the wiring for the vtec solenoid

Thats the Honda code for it. Im sure he used a honda scanner or a scanner that can read honda codes. But yeah, check your oil level, and whether or not its clean. Then check all your wiring. It was nothing to do with the pistons.

thanks for all the suggestions but i have tried all of those things already. it might help you guys to know that when i pull out my backup radio fuse the check engine light will turn off until i try and turn the car on again......dont know if that helps you guys at all. lol. Well thanks for all your help anyway!!

Back