Ethan's 91 Civic HB Official Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im gonna get it outta the way im drunk as fuck so typing = shit.

yea just the block. with just a crank in it... lol i wanna build it up. i know cheap isnt a option. im just sayin i cant go on top dollar parts.

Last edited:
Well for a update so far i put 4000 miles on it since i changed the engine and converted it to manual. it still runs great and i haven't had one problem.

By the way gotta love how it is on gas. 5 bucks gets me about 140-150 miles.
(Estimated Time: 1 hour 55 minutes Estimated Distance: 96.67 miles)
That trip i made it there and half way back before getting more gas and i put in 5 bucks on empty.

Thanks to everyone on HS for the help!

Last edited:
Its going great iv gone over 7000 miles without 1 problem. :)

i need help iv just bought a 92 hatch with a b18c1 motor and it has the gsr dash witch makes the doorpanels not fit i am wandering if i can put the origanal dash back in

Everything done to it so far iv done myself. This was my first hatch project im actually doing something with. Its hella slow but its coming along.

Anymore progress, Ethan?.

Nothing much yet but im working up a plan!

(the plan)
Pull out the d15b2
clean up engine & engine bay (better than last time)
new water pump & timing belt ect.
put the d16z6 head on it
convert it to mpfi
bodywork & paint
drop in engine
bang wife twice
smoke a cigarette & eat a pizza

Last edited:
Nothing much yet but im working up a plan!

(the plan)
Pull out the d15b2
clean up engine & engine bay (better than last time)
new water pump & timing belt ect.
put the d16z6 head on it
convert it to mpfi
bodywork & paint
drop in engine
bang wife twice
smoke a cigarette & eat a pizza

Sounds like a pretty good plan, think you could work a beer or two in there somewhere, that would make it even better. :D

You literally had me Laughing My Ass Off. If it wern't for the fact that I think ROFL would be insane I would be doing that, hehe. That sounds like a good plan, can you make the list again and just put beside each item how many miles are on them?.

i don't even know how many miles are on my engine.
i know it burns no oil at all. ill be checking it out when i get it out and apart.
im sure ill be changing more too. id like to do the DIY poly mounts and a couple other things.

ohhh and trust me the beer will be flowing! :)

This build sponsored by!
corona-logo-icon.jpg

Lmao!, but if you need any help pressing bushings in suspension let me know, I have a few techniques up my sleeve.

probably doing all the suspension mounts with the poly shit too. right now im doing a 2 day job for probably around 300 bucks... maybe more. then i can buy all my shit :D

time to do some work boys! Im getting ready to do some work on the hatch. updates will be posted asap!

right now im just fixin shit i haven't had time for. what should i use to clean the head/block surface?

you should use engine degreaser and a wire brush. What I personally did was use a wire brush on a drill and took all the crap off that way then sprayed it with Alumi-Blast spray bomb. This may not be the case for you because I am assuming your head and block are in the car, whereas my head, block, and transmission were out of the car which made it possible. If you are cleaning the head and block with a power-washer but MAKE SURE you apply bags and tape them around essential parts that the engine should not get water in. Try buying an engine foaming degreaser and let it sit for a little while than clean it off after 15mins. Good luck, man.

Back