euro type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lilyoda

I have just bought a f20b dohc vtec, also know as the honda blue top. Have an idea what i have to do. would like to hear input. I know the motor is hard to find parts for.,but ever one has h22, or h23. other then the dizzy wiring and the power steering hose. What else could i look forward to doing?

yeah the 97-2001 euro type r came with the f20b blue top doch v-tec motor. Looking for help on putting in doch motor in 94 acoords. because my car came with vtec it should be plug and play? Other then the dizzy wiring, and swaping a6, and a11 pins??? Please looking for all the help i can get.
Thanks guys.

ahh ic ic im trying to do the same swap with my 97 accord just pretty noob and looking for help

He's right, the Euro R had a H22A, not a F20B.

Anyways, as far as the head goes it's the same as a H22A. As for the shortblock, you can swap pistons but IIRC the F20B rods have different journal diameters.

As for the swap, it should be the same as swapping in any OBD2 engine.

sorry guys the motor is fucking out of a sir-t accord. You guy care more about where the motor came from, more then helping with the swap. WTF

Its easier to help you with the swap if we know what it is coming from.

No need to be offended. As K2e2vin said, it should be the same as any OBD2 swap.

wow i was just saying shit im trying to do a f20b swap for my car as well was just hoping i could get info here didnt mean to just make you feel bad

naw its no worries. Im new to this forum. The swap is a 94 accord ex coupe. The swap is out of a 97-01 sir-t. f20b. just need to know the odds and ends. Like having to use the doch 94 prelude power steering hose. just looking for some help before i get this swap started.
Thank for looking at my thread.

naw its no worries. Im new to this forum. The swap is a 94 accord ex coupe. The swap is out of a 97-01 sir-t. f20b. just need to know the odds and ends. Like having to use the doch 94 prelude power steering hose. just looking for some help before i get this swap started.
Thank for looking at my thread.

That's good that you're doing research before actually attempting.

But yes, the Prelude hose should work(you're referring to the H22, correct)?

yeah the h22 h23 should work. The motor was dropped off latst friday. now i have 5 more weeks till im back in VA to do the swap. So i need to do the dizzy wiring obd2 to obd1. Cange the power streering hose. Thinking about getting my ecu chipped for the euro type settings. Anything else that you guy could think of to help out the swap, Please post.
Thanks again guys for your help.

Did you already swap the harness? I don't know if the Accords/Torneos are like the Civic, but my JDM motor had the connectors going to the "wrong" side. Also, the OBD2 IACVs are different IIRC.

If the harness is indeed different, try to get a OBD1 H22A engine harness, injectors, IACV, and distributor. That'll keep it clean and simple.

I was thinking that i would use my soch vtec harness out of my accord. Do the dizzy wiring and the iacv wiring to. I got a h22 ecu thats chipped, also need to get the presser power steering hose. With post pics before and during and after. Thank for all your help.

Back