evac bus with old people on it blew up!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

top.rita.fri.09.bus.jpg

Someone lit up with a bus full of people with oxygen tanks ?

Must have been electrical, or something. Diesel fueled busses don't usually "explode". I mean the 30 or some-odd oxygen tanks could have contributed, but still.

they said it was mechanical like overheating brakes or something that caught it on fire. the explosions were from the oxygen tanks of some of the passengers.

wouldve thought they wouldve taken more precautions. i mean that many people on o2 tanks...

ah cant do everything. million dollar planes crash with hunders of people.... well all we can do is pray and hopes this never happens aagin.

That sucks. It was bound to happen though, any time you have mass evacuation someone/some people are going to get killed.

And they are saying the freeways are clogged with "over a million" people trying to leave.. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but houston/surrounding cities have more than 5 million citizens.

Originally posted by micah@Sep 23 2005, 10:21 AM
they said it was mechanical like overheating brakes or something that caught it on fire. the explosions were from the oxygen tanks of some of the passengers.
[post=559178]Quoted post[/post]​

That....doesn't make much sense...

I mean, the o2 tanks exploding does....but a bus catching on fire because the brakes heat up? wtf?

Originally posted by civicious+Sep 23 2005, 12:00 PM-->
@Sep 23 2005, 10:21 AM
[post=559178]Quoted post[/post]​

That....doesn't make much sense...

I mean, the o2 tanks exploding does....but a bus catching on fire because the brakes heat up? wtf?
[post=559303]Quoted post[/post]​

Let grease build up long enough, it will burn like crazy, especially if they had just installed new drums/pads.. That would cause excess heat that could ignite the grease.

Had that happen to me one time. I had a CV boot pop, grease went everywhere. I changed out the axle, and did the brakes while I was there. Took it on a test drive and the passenger side wheel hub/wheel cought fire.

Back