evap purge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nope. Sure don't.

I have NEVER run an evap canister setup on any of my cars. obd2 p72 in the fodo, p28 in the fodo, pr3 in the hatch, p28 in the hatch. Never used one, never thrown a code.

the p28 WILL throw a code if the evap is not hooke dup

ive been told i dont need to plug it in, but i figure i will, all i got to do is change over the connector to an obd 2 connector, im told the system will wrok the same but havent found that out yet... <_<

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 13 2005, 09:50 AM
the p28 WILL throw a code if the evap is not hooke dup
[post=445079]Quoted post[/post]​

if i have to hook it up then where do i hook it up to?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 13 2005, 12:19 PM
obd1/2 evap plugs are the same
[post=445128]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe down there but not up here, my obd 1 connector is round and all obd 2's are rectangular. still a two pin connector

And FWIW, there is no Evap purge code on OBDI, it sends a signal to open the valve but doesn't look for any feedback of any sort. It runs fine without it. So many people get the IAT and evap plugs mixed up on swaps and blow out Q31 on the board and they never get a CEL once the IAT is plugged in properly even though the entire evap circuit is now inoperative.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jan 13 2005, 06:42 PM
And FWIW, there is no Evap purge code on OBDI, it sends a signal to open the valve but doesn't look for any feedback of any sort. It runs fine without it. So many people get the IAT and evap plugs mixed up on swaps and blow out Q31 on the board and they never get a CEL once the IAT is plugged in properly even though the entire evap circuit is now inoperative.
[post=445313]Quoted post[/post]​

So do i need to plug it in or not??

Back