Even more anti IE prop.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

doesnt it mostly come down to what you have you on your computer and your connection shit. like my router has a built in firewall, i have virus software that continuously scans any data being saved to my harddrive, and i have pop up blockers......

not at all.

firewalls prevent outside things from coming in.

IE exploits are simply webpages, programs, activex controls, etc, that contain something that attacks a whole in the browser it self. the firewall doesn't see it as a hacker- its something you requested to come in in the first place.

:werd:

i love how a non profit company is easily outdoing a software "giant"

yeah- And the exploit was discovered, and a patch released 2 days later.

how many months have we waited for SP2?

oh yeah, about 30

patching a browser is a lot easier then sending out a whole OS service update lol.

im mearly pointing out that no browser is god.. and as the guy said...

Software written by humans will always contain errors.

calm down man it's like im calling your first born an ugly baby.. lol like you developed firefox or something :p

i'm actually a part of mozdev, so, yeah, i did :)

ok, so not really, but i am an acitve member on their dev group

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Aug 31 2004, 10:46 AM
doesnt it mostly come down to what you have you on your computer and your connection shit. like my router has a built in firewall, i have virus software that continuously scans any data being saved to my harddrive, and i have pop up blockers......
[post=384227]Quoted post[/post]​

Antivirus software is just a friggin processor and IO resource hog.

Back