Even though the CRX is back.....I bought this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
...cause I <3 older hatch's

1987 Toyota Corolla FX-16 GTS
4AGE 1.6 twin-cam w/T-VIS (secondaries in the intake)
5 speed
4 wheel disc
some aftermarket goodies (tint, alarm)

and it even has a factory USTB

05586567.jpg

1aa6bfdd.jpg

I know it looks blue, but I promise its a very black interior..

a37bdb98.jpg

I fuckin love the oddballs....also the 4A 4-throttle is breeze to swap in

Last edited:
this things hot Chris....I think even Steve would appreciate it a little :)

ok i see the hood is open in the pics but where the hell is a frickin picture of the motor at?

lol all i can think of is that episode of the simpsons where Nelson laughs at this huge guy in a vw beetle... then Nelson is forced to walk down the street with his pants down...

anyways, cool car, but those are some weird lookin seats. lol i love how you pick the smallest cars.

I'll get more pics when I get it home and situated.

The seats are like 11-way adjustable things....Toyota went crazy with that shit in the 80's

not as much leg room as a CRX, but theres a decent amout of headroom

I'd like to get an old Mini shell and pimp it out- maybe tub it and go RWD with a Honda transaxle in the back. Hmm.

New Pics!

I got the car for $1200

Clayton, this thing is 4x100 and I think the only wheels you have are a set of Wantanabes and of course the CF's (how many people heads would explode if I posted a pic of this thing on RPR with your CF-48's on it?)

Also, I happened to have these laying around and they've never been on a car (they will eventually end up on the CRX):

62020f1a.jpg

c3bb0113.jpg

a9e2de8d.jpg

The motor pic:

7202b4fe.jpg

I like the size comparision next to my Excursion :)

Kick ass!! There is a local guy that has one and he has the ITB swap in it, its pretty damn quick and handels well. He does pretty well with it at the Autocross here.

some updated shots:

a8b01c28.jpg

2f1c151d.jpg

61c623b3.jpg

70329327.jpg

ccc4b5a1.jpg

its getting there...

Last edited:
basically you did an LS swap (4a-GE infact) into a EF Civic Hatch (Corolla Hatch). Its actually pretty cool and it looks nicer than an LS swap. :thumbsup:

Back