even with all my skill i cant fix my car. help please.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One of my friends civic had a few bent valves. The car bogged down a lot, and he was able to drive it about 15k miles after he bent the valves without any problems other than being slow.
my car was stolen with bent valves, never got to find out how many but 55mph cruising + timing belt snapping = 105K mint motor started to smoke severly

so your compression test is coming back within factory specs?
so you're within 10% between cylinders? or you have the right PSI per cylinder?

within 10% per cylinder, just a hair under factory specs.

im going to swap the head out with the new stuffs.

you probly have a weak valve spring.. im sure but do those have dual springs from the factory so even if you did a compression test it could have enough rebound to cloce.. of it can be weak so when you rev it it will float.

yeah not a problem.

got a brand new stage 1 head with upgraded valvetrain and ported/flowed like woah.

to%20be%20installed.JPG

tomorrow when the HG comes in. my motor is already ripped apart.

full%20engine%20shot.JPG

thats almost wrong to put that gorgeous head on that ugly ass block

yeah it happens.

well there was a bent exhaust valve in 1 and 4.

anyways, got it all up and running... but it runs weird.

it sputters.

timing is dead on. got spark/fuel/air

got a small HG leak between 1/3 but that could have been my torque wrench fucking up. im going to retorque the studs tomorrow.

the valves are loud. do they need to wear in? i might have adjusted the lash a bit loose though.

wellllll

i readjusted the valves and retorqued the HG. golden!

its a fucking screamer now. huge difference with the goldmine RPW head. wow.

got a water pump leak that i will fix tomorrow afternoon and then im ready for autocross this weekend.

Back