Ever seen what happens when your virus scan...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

This morning i come in, plug in the laptop to the network, and begin to work... all of a sudden, i'm off the network... Trillian dies, and i got NOTHIN... I'm like WTF?!?! So I try to ping some IP's, nothin... I ping a local in house IP and it works...

So I call I.S.

Me: Is something wrong with the Router?
I.S.: What's your IP end in?
Me: 182
I.S.: You have viruses... they are trying to flood the network... I blocked your IP.
Me: WTF? No Way... I update my virus scan every night automatically..
I.S.: Clean the viruses off and then i'll unblock your IP for you.

So I go into my anti virus, and I notice that it hasn't updated since NOVEMBER! Apparently, the FTP address I was using to download my updates didn't work anymore... WHOOPS... And then i noticed that 1/2 of my filters were turned off...

So after copying the new DAT's onto a zip disk, transferring them onto the laptop, installing them, and running a scan, this is what I got..

virus.jpg

WHOOPS... :whatafucktard: :bash: :slap: :tisk:

So I pretty much own3d myself on that one... Ooops..

Now I update off the in-house network, so its THEIR fault if it happens again... lol

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 19 2004, 08:47 AM
:lol: , i've never used a virus scanner... and never goten a virus :shurg2: .

if you've never used a scanner, how do you know you don't have any viruses? :lol:

that's why you should use norton antivirus,
never have to worry about virus def's not updating

or you company should use Norton Corporate edition and push
definitions out to the clients daily, that way no one ever doesn't have scurrent definitions.

Norton? My company is using mcafee version 4.5.1... OLD MCAFEE... they are too cheap to upgrade

Nortons all the way. It even found a virus on my computer a couple months back that it couldn't do anything to. I had to go to the website download the fix, and run it in DOS. Then restart and check again. They had the fix but it wasn't as simple as a quarantine or deletion.

you can't hold that against norton tho, there ane many virii out there that aren't as simply as quarantine and delete.

I'm not, Symantec had the fix, and Norton's did find it. I was very pleased that I didn't have to reformat or anything.

I had norton before I got infected. It always updated, etc, but then one day, norton was disabled, don't know how, no one uses my computer besides me, and then boom, nothing worked, I couldn't reinstall norton because the virus went so far I couldn't actually run an install shield of anykind, and I had to reformat :(

I fixed it, but now I have a sector hardware error or something, and windows won't even launch, so I'm stuck on the labtop :(.

i dont bother with a virusscan on my laptop, cuz everything i put on it i know is virus free. i only browse hondaswap from it and ebay email etc.

my home pc, is a server... got nortons on it...

my record to date was 387 files infected. Bad bad case of the hybirs.iworm! Nasty Shit! Can you say reformat?

I've used AVG, F-Prot, Mcafee, Computer Associates, Panda Security,
you name it I've tried it , and you can not beat Norton.

I have never in my entire time of using Norton ever had a virus, yeah it's detected and deleted some from emails but I've never had to format a hard drive due to a virus.

on the other hand my mothers computer was using Mcafee, and all sorts of shit was going wierd. I booted with a Norton Disk and found a shit load of virii.

Also had a problem with a Lady that used to work with us that used AVG, had the old Stealth-C virus, memory resident ,boot sector infecting, not until I used Norton to find and wipe it clean did anything work.

I had Norton, and it keep detecting virus' it couldn't do shit to, then they started shutting down my computer.

Back