1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ever swaped a b-16a2 in a 97civc lx ??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Automaiter, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Automaiter

Automaiter Junior Member

:worthy: :worthy: Used same ecu, and old harness from sohc engine, wired the 4 wires for v-tec, no start, too much fuel in spark plugs and not a constant spark like it should it spark like 1-1-1 not 1111 like it should i think its a wire problem but i dont have enough expierince to fix it my self a b-16a2 wire diagram would help tons if somone had one. I can get more info if you need it. But i need somone who has done this swap before to help thanxs. :worthy: :worthy:

2. Automaiter

Automaiter Junior Member

Got the engine to fire tonight but the injectors are soaking the plugs anyone with any clue why that is???????????? :blink:

3. Automaiter

Automaiter Junior Member

too much fuel on start up anyone think its an ecu problem or ever had that kind of problem with thier engines pls. let me know.

4. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

what did you do about your IACV

5. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

and why are you using your stock ecu? get a jumper and the right ecu.

6. Automaiter

Automaiter Junior Member

whoa, whoa, i ment the same ecu for that engine buddy, plus i finaily got it working two night ago. this may sound strange, but it wanted to work when the primary o2 sensor was put in the first bung hole. I had two buddy's both mechanics who didn't think it would need this to start but it does and now im so happy. Only little problems

like when it idles a 1500 1600 it bogs down kinda wierd but when we checked for codes it only blinked once for primary 02 so im going to get that fixed but im in a way way better mood now that it holds idle and fucking works almost perfect..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. moto27cm

moto27cm Junior Member

Check for vacuum leaks and double check to make sure your grounds are tight.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted