Every day is an adventure.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was in two avalanches on the way to work today. No, not the Chevy truck, but the big ass cloud of snow that charges down mountains and kills people. Two of the sonofabitches! Fuck me runnin'!

Now when you say "in", how far in? Scary shit just the same. Miss me by five minutes and it's a scary thought.

In as in, I'm driving down the road at 30 MPH, and I see at about 2 o'clock, a big ass wall of snow rushing at the road. I nail the brakes, and I'm buried almost up to the windows.

holy fuck! thats nutty.

can you sue someone for that? lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 2 2004, 03:15 AM
holy fuck! thats nutty.

can you sue someone for that? lol

I can sue God.

Nah, there's nothing you can do. Just dig yourself out. Despite having AWD and studded snows, I still had to chain up to get myself out of the hole. I carry with me in my car...

1 fold up military shovel
1 gallon of water
3 candy bars
3 apples
1 Mammut Barryvox Transceiver that is on me whenever I head up to the mountains
1 -40° sleeping bag
1 wool blanket
1 wool sweater
1 set of snow wear
-water resistant pants and jacket shells, gloves, and boots
1 old pair of ski goggles with a clear lense
1 black Maglite that uses 5 D cells that I call "Rodney King"

You don't NEED this stuff to drive around town 'n crap, but if you're heading up into the mountains every day like I am, you better be prepaired because shit does happen... today was just a minor delay.

*edit- and one set of low speed tire chains

Dayum man...glad you're ok. All of us would have been missing your witty comments.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 2 2004, 03:29 AM
Oh, and as for the 2nd one- I saw it coming and was like, "fuck you, pal!" and floored it and got around it.

:lol: :lol: nice!

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 2 2004, 03:23 AM
1 black Maglite that uses 5 D cells that I call "Rodney King"

:lol:

and do you really need a gallong of water if you are burried in snow??? lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 2 2004, 05:35 AM

:lol:

and do you really need a gallong of water if you are burried in snow??? lol

Dehydration is a very real thing out here. It's so dry, that if stranded with no water, you could die in 24 hours. I've had a gallon of water in the car since I've been here...

Word, but who gives a crap... I'm moving back to VT in a few days. I was three hours late to work yesterday due to the avalanches, and 45 minutes late today because my battery finally shit the bed, and despite calling in and going, "y0, I'm gonna be late," they fire me. So oh well. I was planning on coming back in early May. It makes no sense to me to scrape for a job when I'm going to be leaving anyway. Sooo... by Wednesday, I'll be on the road, pulling a trailer with my AllTrac. Boo yah!

man, the weekend I was supposed to help you move into a new house, you get stuck in an avalanche. you put up with asshats at work, the entire town of Bend being snobs, and you leave because of 2 avalanches???hahahahaj/k Give me a call if you need help loading up the trailer. I would help you move, but VT is a little too long of a drive.
*EDIT* Call me up man, It'd be cool to finally meet up, even if you are moving next week....

The avalanches I can handle. The snobs... fuck 'em. The guys at work... whatever. I was planning on leaving on May 1st anyway, because my company needs me back east for a while, but I figure fuck it... I'm not going to scrape by for four months and not be able to afford to move. I can afford to move now, and am going to. I've actually been mulling a January move over in my mind for a few weeks... Anyway, I'll give you a call in a day or two. Help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm free to help this weekend, but I got a promotion at work and am booked upduring the weeks, for the next 3 months.

Back