Every Honda needs one of these.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

not getting that.

Just when you think the ricer shit couldn't get any more stupid, the dumbest of all fucktard creations is built.

I'm going to get one for the truck! I've actually been stewing on an idea that's similar to that for about a year, but functional and MUCH more stealth.

actually....here's a drunken thought....becareful...it might become reality....

But the main pupose for body kits were to steamline a car for better aerodynamics...for better gas mileage.

Then racers wanted wings for down force....and then the rice craze happened...

But what I want to do...is to give the car a little lift to give the drivetrain a little less stress...for better MPGs...

something like that...that can be controlled...by speed and wind sensors...to give just a little lift for the car to have to work less...use less gas for the long trips...

Meh...it might be possible...who knows........... :confused:

that one on the bottom looks like an ITR-style wing.

I love it, personally.

The taller the wing, the more it's going to get stable air to hold it tothe ground. The unfortunate part is that a huge and tall wing is ridiculous looking.

Somewhat of a transformer? I would buy that.

But what I want to do...is to give the car a little lift to give the drivetrain a little less stress...for better MPGs...

something like that...that can be controlled...by speed and wind sensors...to give just a little lift for the car to have to work less...use less gas for the long trips...

Meh...it might be possible...who knows...........

interesting idea, but lift can only be achieved through more drag...
lift = lower vehicle weight, but at a cost...

weight vs drag...
and of course this could get VERY dangerous
lol

Youre not thinking here...

You're thinking wing. Ok, if a wing isn't your thing.....

... Then imagine it actuating a potato gun that pops out of the trunk :)

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm going to get one for the truck! I've actually been stewing on an idea that's similar to that for about a year, but functional and MUCH more stealth.
Didn't I talk you out of that a while back? :laugh: haha. Gotta love being an engineer though :)

Quoted post[/post]]
actually....here's a drunken thought....becareful...it might become reality....

But the main pupose for body kits were to steamline a car for better aerodynamics...for better gas mileage.

Then racers wanted wings for down force....and then the rice craze happened...

Meh...it might be possible...who knows........... :confused:

The only thing you'd be doing with this would be lowering the static friction coefficient of the tires, giving you less grip for braking. Not to mention you would be adding drag due the creation of lift...as said by recked above. The only way you are going to lower the 'stress' on your drivetrain is if you lower the overall drag coefficient of the car, i.e. smaller frontal cross-sectional area, smoothed, curved surfaces, and rear end diffusers to reduce the massive amounts of boattail drag common to most cars. Insight and Prius aerodynamics are where it's at right now. Lowering your car a bit also helps too, oddly enough; not sure quantitatively how much, but that's a main reason for race cars being so low, as well as the lower cg advantages.

That adjustable spoiler is super gay, and in my opinion won't do anything but slow the car down. I doubt highly that the manufacturer went and found the optimal airfoil for the job, and I also doubt that ricers who buy this would even know the correct angle for the spoiler to be set at, as a couple of degrees can make a huge difference...

bottom line, gayness.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Didn't I talk you out of that a while back? :laugh: haha. Gotta love being an engineer though :)

Yeah, except now I have an extra tailgate. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
bottom line, gayness.

:werd:

Back