Everybody NEEDS to Read this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Once he's dead, he's dead. Im not sure I see the need to go further and violate his body. Is my position so radical that I must be "on a soapbox"? Is it bad for Americans or humans to strive to be better than what we've been in the past?

Its a little unrealistic to think that this world can be 100% equal and fair.

Idealistically its great, realistically its a crock. The guy terrorized, abused, maimed, and killed hundreds of thousands of people - if you went by black and white laws then sure, it would be wrong to degrade the man and treat him as anything less than equal - but fact is that some of us believe he should be made an example of to be used as a deterrent. Now when you look at it in that logical, realistic manner, is it so horrible?

Turn the tables. I know when I went on to describe how he terrorized and abused, people like Sabz and yourself will say "So did George Bush" and then I pose to you the question, why do you folks say about all the nasty things that should be done to him?

Life is about perception. Perhaps both Bush and Hussein believed what they were doing in this world was "right" and "just" - maybe it even is whats truly right and just - but its all in how the actions are perceived by the masses. "Majority rules."

Fact is that Hussein is perceived as a monster by the masses and as thus he will be treated as a monster. Thats the human justice that has been dealt to him, not the legal justice. We're beings of emotions.

But we shouldn't feel trapped by emotions. IMHO - of course - its not right to believe that's the only way, and I hope you do to. To make an example of Saddam as a monster, by becoming a monter ourselves, is foolish.

I'm also not saying we can flip a switch and suddenly KNOW right, wrong, and just punishment. But we can still hold ourselves to a higher standard.

BTW, I dont go around saying shit about Bush. Just because I dont hold the same viewpoint as you with one issue doesn't mean you can extrapolate my stances on other, trivial and non-trivial, issues.

Is it difficult to be a prissy bitch like yourself, everyday of your life, or is this just an internet persona?

Look who the fuck is talking... I don't take this 'holer than thou, fuck the world, my way or the highway' attitude that has gotten us into the shithole we have no way out of. You're the fucking problem, I merely point it out.

What I mean to say is, are you really this big of piss ant, whiney, pessimistic person "in the real world"? Its difficult to believe that you get by living life the way that you present yourself on this board. I would have thought someone would have knocked you out by now.

I invite you to try, fuckstick. One stipulation: I choose what goes on your tombstone.

The way you present yourself here makes me wonder why you aren't dead. Yet.

That one little kid that has nothing good to offer, but sits there heckling and stiring the pot.

Best shut the fuck up then.

Notice: my comments aren't inflammatory, dont read sarcasim into my words. Im not on any of your sides you muthafuckas.

Here's the key Tommy,

"To make an example of Saddam as a monster, by becoming a monter ourselves, is foolish."

The masses determine that such punishment is not considered becoming a monster. Are there double standards? Yes, but this comes back to the world being realistic and all about perception.

I won't waste my breath or time reading the rest. I wasn't trying to start a political argument here because honestly some people on here are hopeless.

Back