Everybody run, James has got a gun.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

false. hollow points are generally intended to cause the bullet to expand upon entering a target in order to decrease penetration and disrupt more tissue as it travels through the target.
:werd:

Nice purchase. I'm looking to purchase my mom a handgun, but not as large.

One thing I've noticed man. You buy random shit and tend to whine in the financial thread about your lack of savings. NOT to be a dick. I just noticed this among your posts.

:ditto:

Not to be a dick either but you are always saying you don't have money. You just put windows on your house, the tv, surround sound, and this gun. I think you are either doing alright financially or you are putting yourself in debt.

Anyways nice gun. Get some range time in with it.

1. The tv was paid off with my tax refund, surround sound was 450. I can afford the 37.50 a month it would take to pay that off in 1 year, which is when my no interest time is up.

2. My tax refund = my money... which I spent how I chose. My tax refund wasn't enough for a garage door that I need, so I'm not going to do it yet.

3. The gun was purchased with the stock I had invested in after the company had been disbanded. Again, not enough to do the garage door correctly, so why bother yet?

4. The Windows, yes, I'm a bit further in debt because of them, but over the long run windows+house = investment. I could sell my property right now (potentially, not realistically) for 80k and pay off all my outstanding debts with over 7k in my pocket.

Yes, I live paycheck by paycheck, I'm able to pay my bills, but don't have TOO much left over. In essence, I can afford to drink 2-3 cans of energy drinks a day at 2.55-3.00 bucks a purchase, I can afford a pack of smokes a day. I'm not struggling... but I don't have much in savings either. What I can't afford is the 2300 bucks for a JRSC, and 1000 for the clutch/flywheel combo that I would really really love on my car.

Not that any of this really was any of your business, but when I complain about not having money it's the mere fact that a large portion of my checks go to bills so I don't have money to do things like buy Ms, or bikes, or go skiing, or put a parking lot in my yard like Steve, or go to bars and get arrested for walking into a crackhouse, blah blah blah.

I don't make HUGE off the wall purchases like those, I make decisions based on what I could do and if I'm going to be worse off or better off. The gun is a trade off of both sides. But I've wanted one since I was 21.

I'm content with my life, with hopes of becoming a Civil Engineer eventually.

Edit: PS. you both are dicks. :ph34r:

Last edited:
welcome to the club :thumbsup:

now go find a range and practice with that damn thing until shooting it is as natural as pointing your finger

Yeah I wanted to hit up the range thursday when I got it, but I misunderstood my buddy. I was supposed to pick him up after work, which I just went straight out to the store.

The place I bought it at has a range, which I have two free passes for... since we do the phone work for them. :D

heres a gun i own:

misc015.jpg

good ol' Marlin 30-30 rifle with scope. my dad gave it to me :)

:redneck:

your life isn't about how much $$$ as long as you make enough to live happily
and apparently you do so quite your bitchin about money problems :)

heres a gun i own:

misc015.jpg

good ol' Marlin 30-30 rifle with scope. my dad gave it to me :)

If I had known prior to buying this that you didn't need a license in Indiana to have a firearm in your home, I woulda had you keep it here. We may not know how to maintain it, but damnit life is about learning.

Oh, and redneckreckedracing... yeah I'll complain about not having enough money all I want. According to B, you can never have too much, right? :)

My tax check is comming, and I'm still toying with the idea of buying a Remmington 1100 Tactical instead of the M&P. I'll probably just end up with the S&W, but I shot an 1100 two weeks ago and I fell in love with it. More so than with the 870.

Hit up the firing range today with it. Fuckers got some kick with the shitty ammo. I shot one hollow point round to see what it'd feel like... even MORE kick. wow. awesome.

Did two target papers for some reason only took a picture of one.

Yeah I know I was all over. I got bored of trying to hit the same center spot so I just started randomly aiming. It had a little more kick than I thought it would, and I would go high quite a few times. but For the most part, I think I did pretty damn good.
SmithandWesson40VEacc003.jpg

After that, I got a cleaning kit and took it over to my buddies and he showed me how to clean it out. Pulled the gun apart and scrubbed it like a mofo, oiled it and slid it all back together. Fun times.

Last edited:
I'll be a dick too and say that you are financially inept.

Yeah. You don't know what you're talking about. Or do you have access to my bank accounts? Interesting, because no you don't.

The thought of saving the money and putting it together probably never occurred to you.

It did, but do you remember when I got that 490 back from the exhaust company and I wanted to invest in something? Everyone here jumped down my throat about how it's not enough to do much of anything with.

So there I was ready to do something "wise" with it, and you cocksuckers didn't bother helping me. So now, I decide that hey I can buy what I want where I want, and now you cocksuckers are telling me I should save/invest? Make up your fucking minds. Here's an idea, lets stop running around in circles when you're trying to give me advice in a rude condescending tone.

Here's another idea, stop spending $6-9 a day on meth in a can. Going with a happy medium of $8 a day, five days a week is $160 a month.

:lmao: :lmao: 8 bucks a day for both lunch AND dinner??! I can't pull that off even with drinking nothing but water out of the tap, and if you were doing my job, you couldn't either.

I don't sit my fat fuck ass in an office all day. I don't always have time to go home to make a sandwich. I'm not leaving a pre made sandwich in a truck when it's -5 degrees outside, likewise when it's 90 degrees outside.

Fuck that. oh and I love my meth in a can. Don't you partake in pot?

If you're not going to do something about it, you're honestly a little girl for whining about it.

I haven't really talked about it for months. I get worried about it when the winter hits and the gas bill jumps to about 200/month. Thats when money gets tight. But it works out. It always does and always has.

You put yourself into your own financial situation, now man up and deal with it like a man.

I am, and I am doing it quite well. But once again, you missed the point. Look at B. Makes a shit load more money, puts a shit load more money into bills, and is still 'broke', you know except for his investments because he's into that sort of thing.

If you're happy with how you live, great.

I could always use more, but couldn't we all? Apparently when I made this point before you either left your reading comprehension self-help books at home that day, or you completely skipped over it. I'm guessing the latter.

Stop complaining about it. If you aren't happy with how you live, stop complaining and do something about it.

Here's an idea, get off your high horse and stop telling me how to live, what to do, what to think and what I can and cannot complain about. Especially when you sit on Hondaswap bitching, whining, and throwing everyone on ignore that you deem stupid.

Here, I'll even a be super nice guy and give you a .pdf copy of Rich Dad, Poor Dad that I received for free from a vendor.

Aww you're so nice. Don't want financial advice from a twat though.

Here, I'll even be a super nice guy and politely ask you to just go away.

Please, Blanco-twat, go the fuck away.

If you read it, you'll realize what a moron this reply made you sound like.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know you're talking out of your ass. You read what I type and then make your own conclusions based off varied, incomplete pieces of information.

Half the shit I said on here about my finances from, hell, 3 months ago is now null and void.

If not, you'll live the rest of your life stuck in debt and working for someone else.

I work for my dad. Yeah it's always a bad thing doing my part to keep my FAMILY business in business by working my ass off for my dad.

Do you enjoy being an ignorant mother fucker?

No matter how much money you make, your outlook will always have you living paycheck to paycheck.

Actually no, I wouldn't. My income to debt ratio follows a very strict pattern, and I slim waaaay back on non-necessities over the winter due to higher utility bills. I'm very money contentious, and I keep an eye on my money a lot more closely than you apparently think.

Why? You'll still buy all the same stuff, you'll just spend a lot more money on it...like many other people on this forum.

Actually I wouldn't. The Civic will be paid off before any more vehicles come along this driveway in my name.

But yeah, in your inane little dribble you call "advice" you forgot to give two shits about my future plans for myself. College? House investment?

Yeah, don't you rent an apartment? I have an investment larger than anything you have, and you call me financially inept? Go bang on some symbols, Little Drummer Boy.

I'm going about adding value to my investment in my own way and at my own pace.

Completely your call and I honestly don't give two flying fucks at a rolling doughnut what you decide to do. :)

Then fucking put me on ignore already and stay the fuck out of my threads, numbnuts. I don't want, didn't ask for and I don't two flying fucks at a rolling doughnut what you have to say until you learn to blow the tact we all think you have stuck up your ass and shove it into your brain when you're talking to someone.

If you want, we can compare debt and how much of it comes from an investment over a car or bike or whatever the fuck else there is.

Oh, and you're pulling the trigger too much. Don't pull, squeeze. Also, hold your breath right before you fire and fire at a very slow and controlled rate until you get a 3" grouping at at least 10yds., then you can start increasing your rate of fire.

Yeah, first time. I was just shooting to get the hang of simply shooting it. They give free gun/firing/safety lessons at the business where I bought the gun.

Now, all the rest of you will have to forgive me. I have been up since 8:15 am friday morning and for some reason have not been able to get to sleep since thursday evening at all. I worked my ass off for 8 hours straight, no lunch Thursday, 12 hours Friday and 9 hours today so I am both tired and awake, meanwhile very testy and a little pissed at this drumming crackerjack who always seems to stick his nose up everyones asses.

But hell, I appreciate that you put one whole paragraph towards the point of the thread. Congrats on expanding on a non-topic at hand because I decided to indulge the other two guys who really aren't dicks.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the day that I get Blanco-ized in one of my threads...

we've had a spat or two...but only over gun-control shit...

Yeah, he's always up in my shit like an annoying fly on my beer can.

Just wish I had a flyswatter.

Anyway, fellas, ladies... post up some pics and specs on your guns. I wanna see some other good stuffs.

I had, and still have more guns than anyone here...but they are back home with my parents, since I never really needed them for anything...my dad is a collector, and my family has a lot of pass-me-downs....

Marksmanship...I can shoot a beak off a bird 20 yard away with a .22, I hit 18/20 of clays on the cruise a few weeks ago, dinky crappy little 10 gauge, and a moving boat... Air Force I came a shot away from Marksman when I was firing a crappy used M-16 thats prolly been fired and abused for 14 years....

Had, and still have...(if I want them) about 30 guns ranging from old to new .22's, .38's,and .45 pistols... 15-18 rifle's, from every caliber....my first 3030 is my favorite because I got my first deer when I was 14 with it. And I have a side by side double barrel shotgun that was passed down thru the generations from my great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather...only fired 4 times, and the pin removed to keep it clean and un-usable to save for many years....after me...prolly valued at about the most a mint gun for it's age can get... it was one of the first shotguns of it's kind.. And for my dad, my mom had a gun made up for him on some anniversary...a cherry wood stock, professionally made custom rifle, 7MM when the ammo was first introduced...year unknown for now...but the gun is prolly older than me...and when my dad passes away, I'll inherit it, and pass it on to my son if I ever have one. And a few AR15's kicking around that have been converted to full auto's and clips from hell....

But, since I went to Japan...I gave up being a gun nut...;) And spent my money on cars and women...

Last edited:
damn James. remind me to never piss you off...

i can take a pic of the antique sword i have if anyone wants to see it.

Not a bad grouping for a first timer, but what I would suggest is find someone willing to let you plink with some cheapo .22 pistol. Shoot like 500 rounds through that , then get back on with the Sigma. You'll notice a huge difference. My father made me shoot our Walther P22 for 3 years before I could even touch a pistol of a higher caliber. When I had to qualify for my BFSC with a Ruger .22, I did very well.

Buy a .22 target pistol, you will not regret it, and it WILL make you shoot better with other pistols. And belive it or not, hitting a consistent group with a .22 is harder than with a 9mm or .40 cal.

shooting a .22 might help you at the range, but the more rounds you send through your self defense gun the more prepared you will be to use it when the time comes that you need it
if you're used to a .22 you're going to be popping high when you're trying to hit a perp with your high cal gun

what distance were you at with your pistol james?

You totally missed the play on words, didn't you? Think "Aerosmith" and read the title again. :)
yea, i got it mister smarty pants
its clever, thats why i made a clever retort regarding 3rd person dementia

shooting a .22 might help you at the range, but the more rounds you send through your self defense gun the more prepared you will be to use it when the time comes that you need it
if you're used to a .22 you're going to be popping high when you're trying to hit a perp with your high cal gun

what distance were you at with your pistol james?

yea, i got it mister smarty pants
its clever, thats why i made a clever retort regarding 3rd person dementia

That first target I was popping them off I think it was around 30 yards out.

The second target I varied it back and forth.

sig for life. 226 in 9mm now, will have a 229 in .357 sig in the future. my buddy has a .45 USP that shoots like butter.

scott

good taste
my next handgun will be the Sig P229 in .40S&W.... unless of course i end up finding a good deal on a Kel-Tec P3AT or Ruger LCP... warm weather is coming... .380 is FAR from my first choice... but you gotta love a gun thats easier to hide than a pack of smokes :D

I can't wait to get back to the range now. I put the grip on it this week over at my buddies house. Feels freaking awesome now, grippable rubber instead of hard plastic.

040208_2007.jpg

Back