Everybody!!!!! Top speed ever....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And then you SOLD your vette and it's all been downhill from there.

I assign you with "Single Task" #1. Get another vette.

I am definately getting another one, its just a matter of when lol..Maybe next summer i will get a Supercharged Z06

Lets see

115 in a saturn pos sl2 auto(speed governed at 115 farking autos)
140 or so in my old 84 turbo gt mustang (2.3 turbo hatch)
then about 145 or 150 (or so an rpm calculator says) in a friends 90 crx si (1.5 on 1.6 fuel injection) for what it was it was pritty darn quick.

Iam glad I trust my friend enought to do 145-150 in a light as crx, it really needed front down force as I could feel the front end comming off the ground a bit.

Proly wont go that fast again unless I know the car has enought front downforce to handel them speeds.

spaceballs.jpg

Ludacris Speed

ludacris.jpg

:huh::huh::huh:

177- 03 350Z in 5th gear with plenty left.
135- 91 s10 with 305
160-87 Notch Back Supercharged 5.0(passenger)

A guy I work with rode on one of these:
MTT - Leading Turbine Innovation

He said he's never been more scared in his life. He tried to explain to me how things blur after you get above 220mph.

My real question is, where do you find a helmet that fits well enough to handle that kind of wind ? At 140 my helmet was buffetting all over the place. Hell, at 100 I have to creep below the fairing to not get knocked out.

my helmet gave me no issues at 160 :shrug2:

it was an older Shoei model (i dont remember the exact one)

i know a lot of people that have excellent luck with Arai, Soumy, Shoei, etc...
i also know a lot of people who have had very good luck with mid range helmets like Icon and HJC... its all about finding one that fits YOU right... if your helmet is bobbling around on your head it most likely doesnt fit you right... or its poorly designed... or its too heavy... or your neck is too weak
:shrug2:

I bought an HJC over the Shoei because it simply fit better. It was also a lot cheaper. I have a big dome so I had to buy a XXL.

115 in my civic hx, took forever to get there, lol
125 in my crx with zc, had 2 others in the car keeping it down, one weighing about
180-190 the other probably like 220-235??(bad at guessing weights)

couldnt break 85 in my buick but thats what happens with only 3 gears... plus that thing felt like floating with the suspension it had, fun stuff

120-Stock EG Sedan (4 passengers and loaded with snowboards)
130ish- B18 EF (By myself)
152- 05 Yamaha R6 (No helmet, dumbest thing Ive ever done)

:werd: i know people who have done that and then some

just need decent glasses/goggles to keep your eyes from watering out

doesnt make it any less stupid... but its completely possible

I never said it wasnt stupid, Ive raced motocross for 12 years and have taken some nasty falls in the dirt, going 1/4 that speed, with a helmet and I wasnt happy, Im well aware of the risks. I could hardly breathe and my eyes dryed out super quick. And I didnt cruise there forever, it was quick through the gears, check of the speedo, slowed back down.

:werd: i know people who have done that and then some

just need decent glasses/goggles to keep your eyes from watering out

doesnt make it any less stupid... but its completely possible
I have a $250 pair of goggles, and the winds up at 80 are difficult. at 100 it's not safe, I'm blinking every second and not really comprehending my surroundings. My friend did 130 with just his goggles, and his deceleration was "blind" and he learned a valuable lesson.

160 ?

I have a huge problem with saying they've done these things. I think that it's all exageration. I've explained my stance before.

It may feel like that, you may be safe saying shit like that, but to those who know speed, we smell the horseshit really fast. And anyone that claims 140+ on something smaller than a 800cc is also lying. They aren't capable of these things. I have a friend with a ZZR600 and he is constantly claiming how he touches 180 and stupid shit like that. It's not possible, yet its the same rhetoric I hear over and over.

i hated doing 150 WITH a helmet. i got a lot of helmet lift. i'm not going to do that again for a LOOONG time.

you should know that the price of the glasses / goggles doesnt mean much

my friend tom's favorite riding glasses are a set of <$30 cheapies... for him, they fit him right and block more wind than a lot of far more expensive glasses hes tried

justin regularly does 120+ on the warrior with just glasses
barry has slowed down a bunch since his crash but still does 130+ with just glasses on his ZX10 and use to go a lot faster on his ZX9

if you think they are full of shit, just ride with them some time and see for yourself

Back