Everyone else was doing it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tunercrazed

HS Official Hippie
Well everyone else seems to be doing it so I'm getting a new car, I have posted up about it somewhere before but that was just to gauge interest, tomorrow after work Im going to see about going to take a look at it. If I like it and it clears then I'm going to trade my crx and $3k for it.
Also I'm sort of curious what they run like as far as HP and what can be done with turbo, I know some came stock with turbo, I'd appreciate some info as I know jackshit about nissans.

View topic - Must sell soon....1990 300zx

If you want a turbo, buy a TT model.

don't bother with this one.

P.S also keep in mind mods/parts wont be anything like a honda.

:werd: and :werd:

those things are boats without the turbo...

Thanks guys, I looked up NADA value on these things and its something around $4200 so I figured allowing just $1200 is fair considering the crx does need some work. So do any of you guys have anything up for sale? The only catch is I'd have to pay $500 a month until I pay you off but of course you'd keep the title until said amount of money is payed. Let me know

Edit: I was also looking at this but...I wouldn't know where to begin
View topic - FS 98 Subaru 2.5rs

Last edited:
that 300 isnt worth 5k.
its in shitty condition and i garuntee that its been wrecked since he replaced the front bumper cover and middle piece.

the NA 300's are fun though. for a non turbo they will get up. turbo is always better.
but for that price. fuck that.

You are getting yourself into a money pit. I know you say you don't have a lot of $$$. Try getting a civic or other cheap car.

I flaked out of buying a new car, mainly because I looked at insurance, the dealer wouldn't budge on the price (I was already offering 1.5k over invoice), and I figured that my current car (a '99) should last me another 5-10 years.

How old are you? Do you want to have a car, or do you want to live for your car? Srsly. Don't do it. Unless you have 20% to put as a down-payment. Then you'll almost make out alright. Let me reiterate.

I've worked out a little system to help people decide when they need a new car. If you can answer yes, go to the next bullet.

• Do you have the money right now to either pay 20%, or cash?
• Does your current car work?
• Are you under 25?
• What the fuck are you doing. Don't buy a new car.

lmao well I had planned on getting a beater to fix the crx, idk here lately its just been pissing me off with alot of little odd and end problems, you know how it goes. But today I got offered a full time job at the machine shop and he offered to train me and have me working as a mechanic getting $12/hr within 3 months. That may not seem like alot to some of you guys but for me thats fantastic. Anyways I think Im keeping it after all because Fred (the owner/my boss) said he'd help me out with rebuilding a engine for the crx, sleeving the block, P & P the heads, everything so I'm pretty happy about that. :D
I still need a beater though
preferably a manual and something below $1500, I have $1200 cash in hand right now and Im sure I can come up with $300 within a few days.

find me one in the area and I'll get it! =P
I've wanted a bike for years now, I just cant find a reliable/affordable one in my area.

ninja 250 will be new (reliable) and affordable

go for it
craigslist

or get a moped/scooter
those 150cc scooters get a bad rep but they're real fun to cruise around on
you can get one street legal brand new for about 800-1200

no offense but I'd never ride a moped or a scooter. I saw one on the street a few days ago and thought to myself, this guy fails at life"
I think a 250 would be too small for me, I'm 6'1" 210lbs
I'd look like an idiot on a bike that small

eh, sit on one and see how it feels
they'r pretty peppy

don't knock the mopeds man
i personally couldn't use one as a DD, but we got to rent them overnight last year at lake george and it was a blast
driving through wendy, jumping sidewalks, getting arrested for doing smokey burnouts and getting laughed out of court cause you were hot dogging a moped (even the judge laughed)

i wasn't the one that got in trouble though
lol

I'll go to the yamaha shop when I have some free time and check out some 250's and see how they feel, if its not too gimpy I'll look ofr a used one, if so then itll have to be a 600. If anyone runs across a cheap bike or car let me know :D

hey tuner, toss me 1500, i'll give you a 91 si.

it will have a stock si engine in it.
has new suspension up front.
decent car, its the orange one witht eh widebody, i'll even strip the body kit. if you dont care for it.
good car, just need it to go away, clean title.
and i just may deliver. lol.

lol I actually like that wide body on that thing, idk, my cousin was wanting one, I may buy it for him and let him pay me back (he's only 16 and stuck driving a 4 door 91 dx civic)
any problems with it?

Back