Everything an HF Needs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I need to know EVERYTHING that is needed for the swap of a JDM b16a1 engine into a crx hf. I keep getting different answers and I WANT THE RIGHT ONE!!!! I would appreciate it sooooo very much. Thanks.

-Kai

You don't need to buy hubs for the HF Model. They are the same as the SI. You would if you had a DX though. Yeah and you need the Engine, tranny ecu, wiring harness(or modify your stock one, kind of a pain in the ass) Mount kit, and shift linkages. Hasport can provide you with everything you need.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Nov 8 2003, 02:25 PM
You don't need to buy hubs for the HF Model. They are the same as the SI. You would if you had a DX though. Yeah and you need the Engine, tranny ecu, wiring harness(or modify your stock one, kind of a pain in the ass) Mount kit, and shift linkages. Hasport can provide you with everything you need.

You are wrong man. If you have an HF then you will NEED SI HUBS OR DX HUBS thats from a 5 speed manual. Everything else the same process as you were to swap in an Si. Just the hubs that is different.

Check your shit man, HF is smaller, I know because I HAVE ONE. The Si and DX are the same. You can get hubs off a DX or SI Civic/CRX, or a 90-93 Integra. Its a good idea anyway because the brakes on an HF are Identical to those on the 84-87 which suck. The hub upgrade also upgrades your brake size......

Where can I get the correct hubs (can i get them from a local honda dealership <i havent seen any on ebay>?) Thanks

-Kai

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Nov 8 2003, 02:25 PM

yeah there not the same BUT you can do custom axles so the spindles will ine up, though that is more of the old school mickey mouse cut and weld method...

Haha, No mickey mouse shit, please! Hahaha Anywho, you can find them at a salvage yard, look for 89-91 CRX DX or Si Hubs and Spindles or 90-93 Integra Hubs/Spindles... If you find the Integra stuff, while you are there, pull the rear disc brake setup! Haha

Back