Everytime I search it...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 5thGenLuvin@Jul 26 2005, 08:50 PM
But you can plug a usb into the s300 and program/tune yourself, that's hot.:p
[post=531702]Quoted post[/post]​

Whatever advantage you think you have with hondata, uberdata/crome will work better, faster, and cheaper. I am using turboedit, basically the obd0 version of uberdata/crome, and I can plug my ecu into my tablet pc and datalog. I am also setup to program on the fly with an ostrich emulator. I also have a wideband, and sofar, including the tablet, I'm only setback around a grand to have full programming capability. Considering hondata s300 cost almost that, not including the pc you will need to program or the wideband, I'd say I have a hell of a deal.
But if you are not willing to learn how to DIY programming, just get hondata, or you could have someone tune with crome or uberdat for you, it all produces the exact same results.

PGMFI.org - DIY Tuning Mecca

The s300 is 595. And has realtime updating, no need for an emulator, ie ostrich.

Originally posted by 97CTR@Jul 27 2005, 04:52 AM
The s300 is 595. And has realtime updating, no need for an emulator, ie ostrich.
[post=531819]Quoted post[/post]​

That doesn't include the cost of socketing the ecu and modding the ecu case for the usb connection, so slap another 75 bucks on top of that. Granted it has a lot of cool features, but it's not worth the cost. I paid 160 for my socketed pm6 with datalogging board, and the ostrich was 150. Combine that with free software, and you are paying about 300 more for hondata. The only thing I liked about the hondata that I don't have yet is a way to plug my LM1 into my data logging board.

Back