EVO 8 Turbo on my B18C1 Teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys I got a friend who has a EVO 8 and he upgraded his turbo to the 600hp upgrade, anyhow he is going to give me his stock EVO 8 Turbo, and downpipe that goes with it. I was wondering what are those turbo good up to for psi and for hp , I can get a t25 manifold cheap and that would be half of the setup so I was wanting some input. Does anyone know what kind of Mitsu turbo it is 14g 15b or 16g. Thanks for all and any input.

Evolution 8
Turbo = TD05HR-16G6-9.8T (GSR / USDM E8)
TD05HRA-16G6-9.8T (RS/RS2)
Nozzle Area (cm2) = 9.8
Turbine = USDM EVO 8 & JDM GSR =Inconel (steel alloy),
RS/Rs2=Titanium alloy.
Compressor = Aluminium, 68mm wide

a t25 flange will not support a 16g turbo.

Oh ok I was under the assumption it was a T25 flange, so what flange is it and any suggestions on where to get a manifold for it?? Also would is the stock psi boost set to open the wastegate at with this turbo and correct me if I am wrong but isnt the 16g turbo a kick ass turbo as far as mitsu's go. thanks pissedoffsol more answers please

replied to your pm...

i don't know if 14bs share 16gs flanges... cuz finding a 16g manifold is not going to be easy.

damn that sucks oh well thanks for the help I see Eclispe 16g's going on ebay for about $300-400 so maybe I will sell it and buy a t3/t4 hybrid if I cant find a manifold for it . thanks again

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 31 2003, 12:29 AM
replied to your pm...

i don't know if 14bs share 16gs flanges... cuz finding a 16g manifold is not going to be easy.

doubtful. the 16g housing is huge compared to the 14b. i have a 14b for my project.

your best bet is to have a shop make up an adapter plate for a manifold that will support that huge amount of airflow. im not sure if the downpipe will fit, it may be too long since the 4g63t has a higher deck.

as far as i know a 16g will bolt up to a 14b manifold. I never got that far with my AWD Talon, however, but buschur racing sells a kit to install a 16g in a 2g DSM (which uses a t25, 1gs used the 14b and 13b, manual and auto respectively), ask @ www.buschurracing.com and their tech forum about putting a 16g on a manifold for a 14b. But I am pretty sure it uses the same mounting. But they would definitely know over there.

well i could be proven wrong, but the difference between the 2 turbos is huge. i also believe the 16g is a twin scroll.

the adapter plate idea i feel is the best way to go.

yes, the evo 16g IS a twin... and the 14b's are not... but once again, i still don't know if 16g fits on a 14b.

I'm just wondering if you can get the 16G flange and then cut off the current flange on the manifold and weld the new one up... You'd have to really trust the shop doing the welding, as with a crappy job the manifold would crack pretty fast.

On another note, that turbo is meant to kick out some serious boost, as te stock evo puts out 19 psi on the evo, you planning for that much? Because if you aren't it would be more efficient to go with a smaller turbo.

Ian

yea... a 14b or something a bit bigger would be great for this application, and manifolds are a-plentiful.

get the turbo, sell it, then buy a manifold and turbo combo and still have money left over.... :lol:

i've heard that a TDO5H big16G will bolt onto a 14b manifold...i dont know how reliable it was though, although i do know the big16g bolts into a 1g eclipse (original TD04 14B turbo)

edit: PM me if you cant find a manifold and want to sell it

my friend went through the same thing with his DSM they do not bolt to the t25. He bought a flange for $40 and had a shop modify his for like $80. Those turbos are kickass good for 450whp! spool is at ~3300 and 10psi on a DSM will make close to 270-290whp

not sure about the 14b but i think there problem with it is that the flange isnt big/strong enough?? <--- dont take my word for it

Back