EVO or WRX STI?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1995EGGuy

Yeah, looking at these two cars. I like them both very much was wondering if anybody knows which is better of the two cause i might buy one in the future..

All years, the Evo is the most fun to drive. The STi has power, and its more manageable if you plan on driving to work every day.

The 06 STi's definitely have a higher fun factor, but the Evo 8 MR/GSR are both still more fun to just DRIVE.

It really depends on why you want the car. I know in my situation, i would LOVE to have an Evo, but id pick the STi because i have a 30 mile drive to work. If i had a 5 mile drive, the Evo would be mine.

yeah, the interior of the STi is a lot nicer than the Evo. The Evo feels a little on the cheap side inside.

The back seat is also a lot nicer on the STi, I think they just put some cloth over a piece of plywood in the evo. Its hard as a fuckin rock.

As for reliability, i cant speak to that. When i was still working for car dealerships, the only stuff i ever saw on either was either collisions or oil changes. Never had anyone tell me of problems that would just never go away.

Last edited:
If youre going for looks, EVO is the way to go. Too bad its so cheap (all aspects of the interior, minus the front seats). You can make good power with both, it really comes down to you sitting in each and driving them. Performance wise they are pretty much even.

go for the sti. better all-around car. quality for a lower price. i think the evo produces a little more hp and tq but not sure on that one.

For what it's worth, on my local AWD board (90% WRX/EVO/STi owners), many of the guys who bought EVOs have sold/traded them for something else, whether it's a WRX/STi or not. The complaints are any of those listed above - feels cheap, too many problems, etc. I've pretty much gathered that it's an awesome car at the track, but you've got to be able to live with the quality issues, and you'll need quite a bit of money for upkeep if you're not warrantied any more.

you've got to be able to live with the quality issues, and you'll need quite a bit of money for upkeep if you're not warrantied any more.
yeah i would imagine that parts would be expensive... my dad and i picked up a 93 stealth and had problems.. 600 dollars for a damn pwr steering pump!!! WTF!!!

thats because stealths are trash and if you need parts you are going to pay for your decision :ph34r:

very true.. got rid of it a month later...still fun to drive.

Back