evo turbo on a d series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was wandering if the evo VIII turbo would be a good match to my d series motor. I am looking for around 300 hp. I have rods and 9.5:1 pistons to go with it. Also if it is a decent match would a t3/t4 flange work? If I need a special flange can you guys refer me to a place where I could get it. Also I will be tuning with CROME.

THANKS

the t3/4 flange should still work...but you will have to be pushing like 20psi with that turbo...the evo has a lot of displacement over your d15/16 and it only makes 286HP (crank)

Gonna need a different collector. As far as I know the newer EVOs had twin-scroll turbos (twin entry).

Quoted post[/post]]
the t3/4 flange should still work...but you will have to be pushing like 20psi with that turbo...the evo has a lot of displacement over your d15/16 and it only makes 286HP (crank)

So you are saying that I will have to push high amounts of boost to reach my goal.

The turbo is the twin scroll turbo of the 04 evo VIII.

its possible, but i do not think it will work too well. the way that evo manifold is made, it is is supposed to reduce the pulses of exhaust by having 2 inlets. cyl. 1 & 4 are funneled to one inlet and 2 & 3 are put in the other one. itd be interesting for an exhaust shop to make, and probably not too cost effective.

i have these flanges in stock. i also make 14b flanged turbo manifolds.

oh shit, i forgot these turbos are not std 14b flanged... it you contact mike at www.lsdmotorsports.com he can have a flange made for you. and i could make you a manifold using the flange. i believe all youd have to do is send mike the gasket.

Back