1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evo turbo on a d series

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by stuntstere, Oct 23, 2005.

1. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

I was wandering if the evo VIII turbo would be a good match to my d series motor. I am looking for around 300 hp. I have rods and 9.5:1 pistons to go with it. Also if it is a decent match would a t3/t4 flange work? If I need a special flange can you guys refer me to a place where I could get it. Also I will be tuning with CROME.

THANKS

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

the t3/4 flange should still work...but you will have to be pushing like 20psi with that turbo...the evo has a lot of displacement over your d15/16 and it only makes 286HP (crank)

3. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Gonna need a different collector. As far as I know the newer EVOs had twin-scroll turbos (twin entry).

4. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

So you are saying that I will have to push high amounts of boost to reach my goal.

The turbo is the twin scroll turbo of the 04 evo VIII.

5. reikoshea

im totally wrong...you cant use a t3/4 flange, you need something different. I saw 16g, and i was under the impression that there were two charge pipes, not two exhaust inlets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33742

you can find the manifold on ebay, but youd have to scavenge the manifold from the evo or fab up your own flange somehow.

6. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

Can I have a shop cut the flange off the stock evo manifold and weld it onto a turbo manifold for the d16?

7. reikoshea

its possible, but i do not think it will work too well. the way that evo manifold is made, it is is supposed to reduce the pulses of exhaust by having 2 inlets. cyl. 1 & 4 are funneled to one inlet and 2 & 3 are put in the other one. itd be interesting for an exhaust shop to make, and probably not too cost effective.

8. hotrex

hotrex Senior Member

i have these flanges in stock. i also make 14b flanged turbo manifolds.

oh shit, i forgot these turbos are not std 14b flanged... it you contact mike at www.lsdmotorsports.com he can have a flange made for you. and i could make you a manifold using the flange. i believe all youd have to do is send mike the gasket.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted