EVO Vs. RX-8 Vs WRX Vs 350z

what one would you buy for 25-30k?

• STi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rx8

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvO 8!!! got handles and speed, not as much as the STi tho but sti looks ugly now

Originally posted by sohcslammer@May 28 2003, 10:33 AM
I guess I would have to go EVO for the all-around package... (Brembo brakes, recaro seats, etc...) although the Z is bad-ass. And if you just want performance you can't funk with the STI. The rx-8 is gorgeous but I heard it's just not powerfull enough. You really gotta wind out the gears to get it to move.
And B, my parents have a 2001 M5. I really don't think they would let it go for under 35k... :lol: :lol: :lol: But I get it in like 5 years. I can't wait.... B)

:withstupid: Almost all excel in specific categories but the Evo excels pretty damn good in all areas. Plus the turbo all-wheel drive set-up and the tunability of the car:thumbsup: . It handles better than most of those cars I think (much better w/ some tuning of the already familiar suspension and I'd rather feel lateral g's) and then the styling is tight too (except for the rice in the back). Cant argue with four doors and a usable trunk either. :wub:

Yea,
I heard it's 19 lbs too..
The turbo is a 16g...
That turbo is really small!!!
I would upgrade too a t3/t4 hybrid.. That's it!!!!
High 10's in the quarter mile..

Scoobies suck..
The trannies are weak..
I don't like the boxter design...

As far as the rex...
It's ok 255 na rotary sound intresting!!!
Boost and apex seals ( not sure ) kinda scary!!!

350z...
no back seats..
looks good, rather have the g35 coupe....

Originally posted by MR.B@May 28 2003, 08:04 PM
Yea,
The turbo is a 16g...

Scoobies suck..
The trannies are weak..

As far as the rex...

350z...
no back seats..

19.5 boost in the motor trend tester.
2 seconds of lag between hitting it and gettin pushed in to the recarro.
i like the G35 more then the Z for simple practicality purposes (2 more seats)
i stopped like the WRX when it mated with a bug. the previous body design was much much more agressive and mean looking.

sti's quarter time is 13.23@104.6mph the evo is 13.08@105.12
from 60mph the evo stops 5ft quicker and to 60 its .28sec quicker (motor trend june 03)

the evos intercooler also has a "sprayer" that shoots a mist of water on it to help cooling more. sounds odd to me but they talk about it.

as for mazda and ford not stealing eachothers cars... tribute and escape. the platform of the new 6 is shared by mazda ford and jag i believe. the contour and prodige. all manufacturers do it, cuz it dramatically reduces costs.

another gear for the evo would be nice... seeing that the others have 6 (well 7 but that one doesnt count)

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 28 2003, 04:23 PM
only b/c the rx-8 has a garbage engine(no low end power).

That's got to be the silliest thing I've ever heard.

So, by that rationale, the B18C (GSR) and F20C (S2000) are all "garbage engines" since they put out less torque AND horsepower with LARGER engines.

If I weren't so lazy, I'd figure out some torque-per-liter and horsepower-per-liter calculations on the Renesis and some other engines to determine what else out there is "garbage".

Originally posted by MR.B@May 28 2003, 05:04 PM
Yea,
The turbo is a 16g...

Scoobies suck..
The trannies are weak..

As far as the rex...

350z...
no back seats..

hate to be the anal mofo that always has to correct people but whatever...here we go...

1. you must be fuckin crazy to think you'll be running 10's with a simple turbo upgrade on the EVO
2. the nickname for the Subaru is "Subi", not "Scoobie"
3. a "rex" is what most people call a CRX not an RX-7 or -8
4. can't argue with you about the 350Z, i'd rather have the G35 also

I have heard Subaru's refered to as scoobies.

Personally I will never buy the first model year of anyting that Mitsubishi releases. I would wait for a year or two and see what kind of problems they develop. Are we so quick to forget the famous crankwalk issue?

Maybe I am missing something, but the STi tranny seems to take 300 hp without any problems. I have never heard of any problems with Subaru manual trannys, please enlighten me.

They are breaking them all of the time. There are some guys on TRS (texasracingscene) who have had problems. There is a guy on our site who has an auto and his friend has a manual and has broke it. They arent wildly modded either, just can't take excessive abuse.

I vote STi
reasoning, I hate mitsu's they've always had bukets for vehicles can't trust em IMHO
I've always love subby's my first car was a GL-10 hatch. couldn't kill that car if you tried.
I tought 3 people how to drive stick on the same clutch, beat the fuck outta it, droppin the clutch at 6K etc...

unless you don't do you regular maintance , my timing belt broke and all hell broke loose at 250,000 miles.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 29 2003, 10:42 AM
What's "excessive abuse", and what factory trannies CAN take similar abuse?

See's the track almost on a weekly basis.

Eric - Which tranny? The WRX 5 speed's. I'm not sure the tranny code or anything.

EDIT - What factory tranny's can? I know of a GM 4l60E auto (its been built tho), but still takes the abuse weekly. Some of the new cobra owners are ragging their 6 spoeeds every weekend, hard and are staying together, just blowing half shafts.

Thanks. I wasn't looking for a tranny code, just the car it was in.

I know my tranny couldn't take that kind of a workout.

has anyone been looking at the Japanese market? they are engineering new parts for the 350Z faster than you realize. true the car may start off a little doggy, but once those parts hit our shores the Z's potential will be through the roof.

SOON you will all see the true power of the Z.

To all those pussies that say they would take a Mustang, i'll admit they are fast, but they'll break down! i drive the shit out of my little SOHC Civic, and it still hasn't broken down on me and it has 160000 miles.

And last of all, a qoute. "Mustangs are like tampones, every pussy has one."

So i'm a pussy for wanting one? tell me when your slower than molasses sohc ever sees 14's and doesn't break something. Cobra may break something, but its running deep 12's and everyone knows, with speed, you break shit. So just stfu before you get hated on.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@May 29 2003, 09:35 AM
has anyone been looking at the Japanese market? they are engineering new parts for the 350Z faster than you realize. true the car may start off a little doggy, but once those parts hit our shores the Z's potential will be through the roof.

SOON you will all see the true power of the Z.

To all those pussies that say they would take a Mustang, i'll admit they are fast, but they'll break down! i drive the shit out of my little SOHC Civic, and it still hasn't broken down on me and it has 160000 miles.

And last of all, a qoute. "Mustangs are like tampones, every pussy has one."

first off, :newbie: ...your happy ass doesn't know the different between a pussy and that big-ass exhaust you got hanging out the back of your car. you figure it's a hole, why not stick something in it.

you know what, i abuse my Stang worse than my Honda and it still runs strong.
you sound like one of those fukers that has always wanted a Mustang but couldn't afford it so you gotta hate on 'em.
:whatafucktard:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 29 2003, 10:07 AM-->
@May 28 2003, 04:23 PM
only b/c the rx-8 has a garbage engine(no low end power).

That's got to be the silliest thing I've ever heard.

So, by that rationale, the B18C (GSR) and F20C (S2000) are all "garbage engines" since they put out less torque AND horsepower with LARGER engines.

If I weren't so lazy, I'd figure out some torque-per-liter and horsepower-per-liter calculations on the Renesis and some other engines to determine what else out there is "garbage".

compared to its contenders: nsx, skyline, m3, etc., its garbage. putting the honda motors against it that also has less displacement was also not fair. plus parts for the honda b-series are much cheaper than what would be for the renesis motor.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 29 2003, 11:38 AM
compared to its contenders: nsx, skyline, m3, etc., its garbage. putting the honda motors against it that also has less displacement was also not fair. plus parts for the honda b-series are much cheaper than what would be for the renesis motor.

I didn't, I put Honda engines that have a LARGER displacement against it. How is that not fair?

And how is the RX-8 in the same category as an NSX, M3 or a Skyline? The thing retails for under $30k. When's the last time you heard one of those cars retailing for under $30k, much less $50k?

The only reason that parts for a B-series or any other Honda engine are cheaper is because of the tremendous demand for them. The extent of manufacturers for Honda aftermarket parts is huge, quality or not. The Renesis engine isn't even on the market yet. You can't even compare, that's like saying "Parts for Hondas are cheaper than parts for a Ferarri F50". Have you ever gone to thepartstrader.com? Have you seen how many ads are posted in the "Honda" category, compared to the others? Hell, I think you could add up ALL of the ads for all the other makes and models, and they'd have a hard time competing with the single category for Honda.

Back