Evo Vs Sti

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah around here, evos ix's with the leather and some options go for 33k... dealer markup pwns you guys...

i didnt want to get called out on it - as i usually do - when i make a statement.

houser mitsubishi in springfield shows evo 9's fully loaded for 35k. im in good with those guys, so IF i wanted one i could probably get a few Ks knocked off.

I don't know were the hell you guys are getting charged almost 40k for an evo but stop bending over and talking out your ass!! I just litteraly got back from my local dealer like 20 min ago from testing an 06' evo 9 MR and it was loaded and the total price was 36.9
And from personal exp, EVO 9 MR > 06' STI > EVO 8 MR, 8, 8rs.

smooth_criminal said:
I don't know were the hell you guys are getting charged almost 40k for an evo but stop bending over and talking out your ass!!

Whoa Whoa, slow down a second there Buckwheat... I wasn't talking out my ass... this is where I got my prices from... Mitsubishi Motors

go to build and price, it'll show you the starting price for each model. Maybe the one you saw at your local dealer was an RS?

RS? Look at my link..

EVOLUTION IX RS $25,999 INCLUDING DESTINATION CHARGE

B16 said:
RS? Look at my link..

EVOLUTION IX RS $25,999 INCLUDING DESTINATION CHARGE
uh, that's not a link lol

I was looking at my link and an MR with all the accesories comes to $38,464. Not quite $40k but pretty damn close considering that's without dealer mark up. I'm not saying you can't get an EVO for $30K but LOADED (meaning all options and accesories) it's damn near 40k for an MR. Plus that's what that other guy was saying, "loaded"

Last edited:
how is the performance of an evo from a roll? like if you were cruising on the highway at say... 55 in 4th, and punch it... how well does it perform?? i mean all the numbers you see are from the help of awd, like from a launch to 60 or 1/4 mile. and yes i do know its more than a straight line car, but i just wanna know. :D evo 9 is on the list

B16RacerN2NR said:
uh, that's not a link lol

I was looking at my link and an MR with all the accesories comes to $38,464. Not quite $40k but pretty damn close considering that's without dealer mark up. I'm not saying you can't get an EVO for $30K but LOADED (meaning all options and accesories) it's damn near 40k for an MR. Plus that's what that other guy was saying, "loaded"

Thank you.

$38k-$40k for a MR LOADED in NJ.

B16 said:
it is very good until aerodynamics come into play around 110+. The evo is designed like a brick, so high speeds aren't so great for it.
Really? I was under the impression that they were pretty aerodynamic. My friend has an RSX Type-S with, if i remember correctly, toda A3 cams tuned with k-pro/hondata and he was racing his brother in law, who has/had an EVO 8 completely stock, on the freeway and his brother in law let him take off first and he said he was ahead till about 120mph and his brother in law started to creep up and eventually flew past him at around 140mph or so.

Last edited:
I really wanna drive the IX. Rumor has it that its close (not etter or equal, but close) to the MR. Ive test driven (dealer) a GSR and track driven (friend) an MR, and i will say that its not all hype. Although, im sure the GSR would be just as good with about $1,500-$2,000 bucks in suspension and chasis upgrades.

With as much as I LOVE the Evo (actually got a hard on when i went to Motorsports Ranch) id probably take the STi if i were spending my own money. Id turn it into kick ass car material for far less than the sticker on the Evo...Not knockin it, but stock v. stock performance the Evo wins every time....pretty sure the GSR would be pretty even with the STi.

B16RacerN2NR said:
Whoa Whoa, slow down a second there Buckwheat... I wasn't talking out my ass... this is where I got my prices from... Mitsubishi Motors

go to build and price, it'll show you the starting price for each model. Maybe the one you saw at your local dealer was an RS?

Damn i went to the site and your right, maybe the dealer by me is just over stocked because the have like 6-7 evo's there, but the one i tested was an MR.
Who knows, i'm in the market i just can't deside, i just wish they had more class, if the g35 or 350z came boosted stock thats were i would be going, i might go with the 350z and boost it with some twin gt35's i don't know. i'm actually going to wait until fall and see what hits the market.

RS is the 5spd model, GSR is a 6spd without some of the chasis and suspension mods of the MR.

Back