Evo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeinGirl

I just got the call that my Evo was in and I just need to go pick it up. I got the white one. ^_^
I ordered mine through Best Buy since the wait was shorter there than at Sprint, I only waited 10 days. Whereas being a Sprint preferred customer I would have gotten 1st priority on the wait list and still waited "atleast a month."

Are there any other Evo owners on here and have some sweet accessories for this that they recommend or where to get them other than the dealer (Sprint)?

I think that I should atleast get the scratch proof screen shield but the damn thing there cost $30 and then another $8-10 to put it on. Or anyone know some tips to do it yourself?

i didnt knwo they sold evos at best buy :shrug2:

innsbruck white is the best color for evos :)

I was unaware too until after I left the Sprint store I called their customer service to see if I could order one over the phone and if it would be quicker. He actually called 2 other local Sprint stores and recommended that I check Best Buy, he was going to call Best Buy but I was there by the time that he got done checking the Sprint stores. He even stayed on the phone until I inquired about the Evo there inside Best Buy. Best customer service ever. ^_^

I was unaware too until after I left the Sprint store I called their customer service to see if I could order one over the phone and if it would be quicker. He actually called 2 other local Sprint stores and recommended that I check Best Buy, he was going to call Best Buy but I was there by the time that he got done checking the Sprint stores. He even stayed on the phone until I inquired about the Evo there inside Best Buy. Best customer service ever. ^_^

Haha, he is thinking the same thing I thought when I clicked on this thread earlier. "Lancer Evolution" <3

Ooooooooohhhhh.... I get it now!
Wow that took too incredibly long to catch on.
Pardon me I had a slow moment and Im sleep deprived.
Atleast if I wanted I could say I owned an Evo.

No need to be excused;)

Anyway, 30 efing dollars for a screen protector!? What brand is that? If you are really worried about your phone Otterbox makes cases for it. Expensive compared to that chinese mall kiosk grabage but totally worth it. They only make the commuter series for my Moto Droid but they have all three versions for yours. I got mine on amazon for $19 compared to full price, $35 I think. Look into it. The rubber inside is the best part.

No need to be excused;)

Anyway, 30 efing dollars for a screen protector!? What brand is that? If you are really worried about your phone Otterbox makes cases for it. Expensive compared to that chinese mall kiosk grabage but totally worth it. They only make the commuter series for my Moto Droid but they have all three versions for yours. I got mine on amazon for $19 compared to full price, $35 I think. Look into it. The rubber inside is the best part.

Thanks! I am looking around at ZAGG and will check out the Otterbox.
Invisiblesheilds is the brand that I was talking about up top. They make some that cover just the screen part or the full front including buttons which is what I was looking into. After looking around though if I can find a decent cover thats not annoying and useful then Im game.

Edit:
Update... OtterBox no has cases :shrug2:

Last edited:
My lady friend has an Evo. I am pretty sure she had Sprint install an InvisibleShield on hers, and she has a pink gel case around it. She has yet to destroy a phone by dropping it or anything like that so a gel case is just fine. Make damn sure you get a case that will keep the lens off of a table though. The camera on the Evo is not recessed.

My lady friend has an Evo. I am pretty sure she had Sprint install an InvisibleShield on hers, and she has a pink gel case around it. She has yet to destroy a phone by dropping it or anything like that so a gel case is just fine. Make damn sure you get a case that will keep the lens off of a table though. The camera on the Evo is not recessed.

:lmao:
You know everyone is going to be awaiting piktards now, right? lol

I am in search right now of a case that will be efficient especially covering the camera and screen because I am so rough on phones. Ive been through atleast 3 or 4 of the phone that I have now with in a year and a half.

the most protective case you will find will be the otterbox.... but it doesnt seem to be available right now

get a basic screen protector for now and be careful with your phone until the otterbox comes out... then you can drop it off the roof of your car and it will be fine

only problem with the otterboxes is they are bulky... and being that the evo is already a huge bitch... it might make the phone somewhat cumbersome

Thanks for the clarification on the OtterBox... sounds like it maybe the way to go.
I have never personally seen one before, I will have to keep an eye out so I can determine if its worth the bulkiness.

I just double checked with the lady and she got comped regular old sprint branded screen protectors and it seems to be working out great. As for pictures there are a few of her and I in the thread that discusses objects that expel projectials.

I just double checked with the lady and she got comped regular old sprint branded screen protectors and it seems to be working out great. As for pictures there are a few of her and I in the thread that discusses objects that expel projectials.

Nice. I got my Evo a couple hours ago. I havent really gotten a chance to check it out yet.
Droid users... what are some sweet app?

On their website they say coming soon. Sorry, I thought they did already.

I know the standard droid text message app is terrible, I'm not sure if it is or not on your phone. Handcent actually lets you send a message to more than one person at a time :X

Get Advanced Task Killer, its pretty amazing how much shit will just run in the background.

Get Advanced Task Killer, its pretty amazing how much shit will just run in the background.

That was one of the 1st downloads, ATK is a great app!

The Evo is pretty sweet!
I got the protective Invisibleshield thing... still trying to figure out whether or not to wait for the release of OtterBox or find something else meanwhile.

I am already addicted to the game World War by Storm8
I also downloaded:
Zedge
Ringdroid
Pandora
Wheres my Droid

Back