EX cluster in DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowandslow

i bought an EX cluster for my 93 civic dx, off from a fellow hondaswapper, and i need a little background on how to hardwire the tac and water temp gauges. i know the tac works off the coil, but im not sure which wire(s) to fuse it to the cluster. and the water temp, i have no idea. i guess thats all, any help would be much appreciateive :)

thank youuu

Plug it in, it will work just fine. You dont need to do any extra wiring. I put a EX cluster in my DX and it worked great.

just plug and play? i thought some wiring had to be done. guess the jokes on me, thanks for the info guys

yes just plug and play, make sure when you take off the cover piece that surrounds your ac and cluster you dont break or bend it. remove the hazard switch and there is a screw under it after you remove all the other screws that has to be removed first.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jul 5 2004, 12:15 PM
remove the hazard switch and there is a screw under it after you remove all the other screws that has to be removed first.

yea, when i put in my white faces, i found the screw after about a half hour of dicking around looking for it. i won tho.

it's easy to do, one or two screws keeping your black bezel on the dash, then four screws for the cluster, plug it up and turn the car on to see if the needles line up with the new cluster and see if all the bulbs work, when they do reinstall the bezel.

3 screws for the black peice to come out. @ on top of the cluster and one you have to take out your hazard switch and there is a screw behind that. Then you have to kind of pry it up carefully around all edges.

:werd:

Three screws. Don't miss the one behind the hazard button! I thought I was going to break mine until I found out about that screw.

Back