ex. coil dis. cap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j954drgsr

I recently got my hands on a use msd box a6 and the msd blaster coil with the coil wire but i still need a distributor cap with an external coil terminal. I would like to modify my 95 integra stock distributor cap wich once i saw done in a magazine. I went to NAPA auto parts store yesterday to find parts that i would need to do the conversion but no luck due to lack of experience of the parts guy and me. Any information would help and one more ?, you think the msd box would measure any gains on the dyno at all due to my motor is N/A.

msd ignitions suck. all they dop is eat ignitors. IMO, i wouldn't even install it.

unless you're revving over 10,000 rpms, its pointless.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 14 2005, 10:23 AM
msd ignitions suck. all they dop is eat ignitors. IMO, i wouldn't even install it.

unless you're revving over 10,000 rpms, its pointless.
[post=460614]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you saying even the msd sci is no good to your opinion too? What if i just hook this up for track days only. The price for what i got was almost a give away. My set up is not stock any more, maybe i forgot to mention it. It's a b20zvtec, skunk 2 manifold, hondata heat shield port match to manifold and head ports, IHE, itr cams, aem camgears, fpr set to 60 psi and my afr gauge still dips to lean in mid to high end. But that still didn't ansewer my main post ?

honda's oem ignition system is really damn good. i hold to my orig statement, that unless you're revving to 10,000 rpms, i wouldn't bother.
itr cams die at 8500 anyway. i see 0 point in you installing the system at all. ebay it, make a profit on it- buy somethign that WILL do something for you with the cash.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 14 2005, 10:49 AM
honda's oem ignition system is really damn good. i hold to my orig statement, that unless you're revving to 10,000 rpms, i wouldn't bother.
itr cams die at 8500 anyway. i see 0 point in you installing the system at all. ebay it, make a profit on it- buy somethign that WILL do something for you with the cash.
[post=460634]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for your help man. I fell much better now knowing that i dont have to convert my dis cap and may be i could make some cash back on the msd box and coil. I trust my oem ignition now. end of file.....

Back