Ex intake and TB on DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riley37

I am want to swap my DX downdraft style intake and TB for an EX side draft set up. First, is it worth it? Will I gain anything? Also, do I need new sensors, injectors, fuel rail or any thing else? Is this a faily easy bolt on deal.

Thanks

Mike

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 18 2004, 12:45 AM
Bump for this ain't swap related y0!!!

It's kinda a swap, a mini-mini-me swap. Symantics...!

How do I move it? What would the best forum be for this question?

Thanks

Can I get some help? Or am I still in the wrong board?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Riley37@May 15 2004, 10:10 AM
I am want to swap my DX downdraft style intake and TB for an EX side draft set up. First, is it worth it? Will I gain anything? Also, do I need new sensors, injectors, fuel rail or any thing else? Is this a faily easy bolt on deal.

Thanks

Mike

yes, this is possible to do.

You would need to get a 96+ EX intake manifold (I/M) off an AUTO model though. Reasonbeing is the auto version of the EX I/M uses a 3-wire IACV which is what you need to use to satisfy your DX ecu. 5speed EX I/M use a 2-wire IACV which your DX ecu would NOT like at all.

I suspect you'd need the complete auto EX I/M w/throttlebody, sensors, possibly the throttle cable (not sure if your DX cable is compatible), and fuel rail. You may be able to reuse your DX fuel rail though. reuse your DX injectors and mounting hardware..

Thanks for the info. Is this upgrade worth while, I mean will I see some performance improvements. Also, are the EX injectors the same as the DX or do I need to use DX injectors to be compatible with the ECU?

Thanks again

Originally posted by Riley37@May 21 2004, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Is this upgrade worth while, I mean will I see some performance improvements. Also, are the EX injectors the same as the DX or do I need to use DX injectors to be compatible with the ECU?

Thanks again

I'm pretty sure its worthwhile, along with upgrading to an EX tranny as well. You'll probably gain some good torque over the DX manifold.

And you can/should reuse your DX injectors, because you'll be reusing your DX ecu. AFIAK, the EX & DX injectors are of same exact spec...

Back