Exedy Clutch???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey has anyone had any types of problems with the Exedy Clutch for a 1.6 SOHC engine..... let me know pls ASAP.. thanks

Exedy makes OEM clutchs for alot of the Japanesse auto companys. I will be going with the Exedy OE clutch kit when I do my clutch. It is $103 plus shipping for a d series, 180 for a b series. That comes with throw out and pilot bearing, clutch, pressure plate, and a few other things at clutch city.

I just got a stage II Exedy clutch installed about 4 months ago and it looks like I need to replace the pilot bearing because it's making a squeaky noise already. I got it installed with my boosted b18b. Next time, I'll go with another clutch like ACT. Just my experience.

sure its not your throwout bearing? those usually are the squeeky guys

i had a small smell problem but it was fixed when i put a lil bit of gassoline inbetween the two disc plates. this helps when you pop the clutch and in your top end because of the low reves. another neet trick the gas does is if u put it on your tail light bulbs it makes the lights blink faster shine brighter and work better.

this cheap easy trick worked for me hope it does for u 2
there are many other ways to make a honda look like a race car.

Originally posted by zoarette@Aug 21 2003, 05:03 PM
i had a small smell problem but it was fixed when i put a lil bit of gassoline inbetween the two disc plates. this helps when you pop the clutch and in your top end because of the low reves. another neet trick the gas does is if u put it on your tail light bulbs it makes the lights blink faster shine brighter and work better.

:wtf:

i dont undestand how gasonline does that stuff. and i dont know if putting gasoline on things makes cars look like racecars.

Originally posted by zoarette@Aug 21 2003, 08:03 PM

While we welcome people of all races and nationalities here at HS, we require them to have a basic understanding of the English language and how to convey at the very least, simple concepts and ideas in a somewhat comprehensible manner.

You sir, don't know a fucking thing about how to do any of that. Please, go stick your head in a microwave, you mouth breathing stump fuck.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Aug 22 2003, 03:56 AM-->
@Aug 21 2003, 08:03 PM

While we welcome people of all races and nationalities here at HS, we require them to have a basic understanding of the English language and how to convey at the very least, simple concepts and ideas in a somewhat comprehensible manner.

You sir, don't know a fucking thing about how to do any of that. Please, go stick your head in a microwave, you mouth breathing stump fuck.

:lol: Mouth breathing stump fuck, I like that hahaha.

where can i get the best deal on an exedy stage1 clutch kit??(for my jdm b16a/s1 tranny)thanks and goodbye..hehe

well morons the astronomical physicular motion rubs in an upwards motion while the marystonatic lldown force so if theres to much hot dog in the bun it wont work.(figure of speach) so the gassoline lubricates the two because it has northern molecules wich only rub north so the maltodextrin has a rather hight velocity of vehicular progress..

anyone who doesnt know waht that means can put it up their tail pipe and fuck the shit outta it.... i know my stuff i work for frito lay i have a dok vtech

i just had an Excedy Race kit installed on my b-series, be sure you re surface the fly wheel (DONT USE EMORY) and be easy on it for quite a few miles, look on ebay, im sure you can find em for cheap there..... i personally cant say weather or not i like my Excedy, the thing still slips up top <_< ....

Originally posted by B16@Aug 20 2003, 07:46 PM
sure its not your throwout bearing? those usually are the squeeky guys

I'm pretty sure it's the throwout bearing or the pilot bearing but my point is, when I bought the clutch, it came with a NEW throwout bearing and NEW pilot bearing. How the heck are they going to squeak already in just a few months? They're supposed to be new. I have to deal with the squeaky noise until I replace the clutch. It's a bitch replacing your clutch. I would go with a different brand. Exedy is supposed to be good but my experience with the brand isn't great. Other than that, it grabs ok. :shrug2:

stump fuck hahaaah, ji never ceases to make me laugh. i seriously laugh out load when that motherfucker posts shit.

Originally posted by MarkJimenez99@Aug 21 2003, 12:41 AM
I just got a stage II Exedy clutch installed about 4 months ago and it looks like I need to replace the pilot bearing because it's making a squeaky noise already. I got it installed with my boosted b18b. Next time, I'll go with another clutch like ACT. Just my experience.

Did you regrease the shift fork? metal on metal makes squeekies.

Back