Exedy Clutch???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive had my exedy factory style clutch and flywheel for about 3 months now so far no probs..... paid 175 for the clutch kit and flywheel and installed myself ..... so if ur like me and need a clutch to get u through a few months till ur swap is in ur car go for the exedy ... i beat the piss outta the thing and still hasnt went ..... but if u dont care about the money then ACT is the shiznittobamsnipzamzam -thridgood from half baked ........ anyways fckvdubz

QUOTE (zoarette @ Aug 29 2003, 02:25 AM )
well morons the astronomical physicular motion rubs in an upwards motion while the marystonatic lldown force so if theres to much hot dog in the bun it wont work.(figure of speach) so the gassoline lubricates the two because it has northern molecules wich only rub north so the maltodextrin has a rather hight velocity of vehicular progress..

anyone who doesnt know waht that means can put it up their tail pipe and fuck the shit outta it.... i know my stuff i work for frito lay i have a dok vtech

:emofo: :beat:

i think you have too much "hot dog" in your "bun"

lets look at something here. gasoline is flammable. you claim that by rubbing gasoline on your lightbulbs, it makes them blink faster and brighter. in order to light up, a +/-12v signal is sent to the bulb. which is electric. which generates heat. heat is a key element for FIRE, as is gasoline.

in short, that sounds like a good recipe for fire to me.

fire is bad.

you are an asshat.

edit: the motion itsself does NOT rub in an upwards motion, that just doesn't make sense; "to" should be spelled "too"; "gassoline" is spelled "gasoline"; "hight" should be "light", i believe.

I installed an Exedy Racing Clutch in my stock B16a after resurfacing the flywheel and have been most happy with it. Good price ($235) good engagement (smooth-no chatter) good lock-up (no slippage) Low pedal force.

Laughed like hell at the Gasoline posts...worth staying up to read. :p

Originally posted by steelbuster@Sep 13 2003, 07:00 AM
I installed an Exedy Racing Clutch in my stock B16a after resurfacing the flywheel and have been most happy with it. Good price ($235) good engagement (smooth-no chatter) good lock-up (no slippage) Low pedal force.

Laughed like hell at the Gasoline posts...worth staying up to read. :p

Thats the same clutch i purchased..... the guy who did my clutch asked if it would be ok to use Emory cloth instead of having it surfaced... i ok'd it not knowing what "emory cloth" was and how it really doesnt work :( needless to say, the guy is buying me a new clutch and im paying for the resurface...

how long did you break your Excedy in?

Sorry 'bout the time lag..been out of town....I never did anything that you could call a break-in with this clutch. Just took it easy for a couple hundred miles at the begining and tried not to put a lot of slipping load on it (like missing 3rd and catching 5th instead) :p

Originally posted by steelbuster@Sep 23 2003, 11:43 PM
Sorry 'bout the time lag..been out of town....I never did anything that you could call a break-in with this clutch. Just took it easy for a couple hundred miles at the begining and tried not to put a lot of slipping load on it (like missing 3rd and catching 5th instead) :p

Sa'll good, i put about 250 miles of good break in (light slipping to warm the clutch up a bit and no high rpm's or long gear runs)... and i got about 3 hard pulls in and it started to slip again..... hopefully a new clutch and actually re surfacing the fly wheel will do the trick this time....

tis is why i liek ta Auto sometimes :D

(not honda auto's)

My Exedy "racing clutch" (their words - It is supposed to hold 230 lbs ft of torque) never even slipped on the "5th gear speedshift". Always resurface flywheel when replacing cutch even if ithe surface looks good.

Originally posted by steelbuster@Sep 24 2003, 05:56 PM
Always resurface flywheel when replacing cutch even if ithe surface looks good.

Lesson learned, trust me :blink:

Back