exedy drivetrain products

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

has any1 bought exedy flywheels or clutches?? how do they stack up? are they worth the price compared to say....ACT or Clutchmasters??

Never have had Exedy but many people on the list like them. Clutch masters is awesome. I really like their products. ACT; not very fond of. Although thats what I currently have and it works well, it has broken before and required the removel, ship back to vendor and receive repaired item. Not worth my money for my car to be sitting on the jack stands, nevermind the extra work of taking the tanny out, for 3 weeks and only getting a "We're sorry. This doesn't ever happen. Hope the hat we gave you for your trouble helps." No asshole it doesn't.

Um...I've never heard of anyone complain about ACT, you probably got a lemon, shit happens.

As for Exedy, I have an Organic Street Disc made by them and I like it alot. Drives nice and has plenty of grip.

well i know i havent changed the clutch in my protege in 5 years and its OEM...and then before that i had a Clutch master FX100...that lasted about 3 years...so i dunno if i would recommend clutch master

Originally posted by PLA5151@May 11 2005, 07:33 AM
92b16......do u have a single or twin?? and who did you order thru for the product??
[post=497744]Quoted post[/post]​

Cam? x2. I got it off an Ebay dealer, don't remember which one though, maybe Clutch City?

I have an exedy organic clutch with a act 12 lb flywheel. Like it alot. Have had it for about 18ooo miles and still holding strong.

clutch city is the place to go...excedy makes all of their clutches in house...act does not....i love my stg III kit....450 shipped

Exedy all the way...

I have an exedy, actually all my cars have an exedy, even the prelude. The prelude's had the exedy for 138k miles as far as I know and it's just taking it's dump.

The civic has an LST with an Exedy from Clutch City and an 8lb flywheel. Very fun to drive and the 8lb'er is easy to get used too.

My cousin has a Exedy on his 91 Civic HB, and he likes it. My friend had a Exedy in his B18C powered EG hatch, switched to a ACT and says the ACT are better.

now is everyone talkin about the oem replacment exedy vs upgraded aftermarket? or the upgraded exedy vs upgraded aftermarket.

I think he meant a twin or a single plate. There is no need for a twin plate unless you make a shit load of power or want a really harsh clutch.

Ive had a clutchmaster 6 puck "stage III" in a LS hatch and it was terrible. It held its own, but it was stiff as fuck and the engagement was hard. Very hard to drive. However, my brother has an exedy 6 puck in his DA LS and its much easier to drive. You can modulate the throttle and clutch after some practice and its not as harsh as the clutch master. I like it much better than hatch.

oh yeah, sorry, I meant single or twin plate 92b16...I didn't kno how the exedy clutches were categorized :huh: every1 runnin exedy organic..hows the street drivability? ne1 runnin cerametallic? thanx 4 the feedback everyone

Ahhh ok, didn't even think of that :)

Single, pretty much the OEM replacement, with a little more power. Street drivability is beautiful, just like stock, except a slightly stiffer pedal.

exedy stage 1 I like it. it's gettin a little weak from a ill-adjusted cable, but oh well. time to upgrade. I have had no problems, just want something a little stronger. will be going with exedy again, just a stage 2.

is the "chatter" from the stage 2 exedy really bad? I heard it has over two times the tq. capacity than stage 1......and what is clutch city's website??

Back