Exhaust And Bodykit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XZILER8

here's another thread that i wasn't sure of where to post, so feel free to move it if it's better suited elsewhere.

I'm done putting my wings west bigmouth kit on my 93 prelude. My tip on my Thermal exhaust is touching my rear skirt on the kit.

The instructions for the kit says that there should be a minimum of a 5/8 inch gap between the kit and the tip (which there isn't). The instructions say the tip should extend a minimum of 5/8 inch past the rear of the kit(which it doesn't)

I've run the car for extended periods of time and the tip never get's hot, so i can't see it being a huge problem other than possible getting soot on the paint. I assume that the warning from Wings West is just a standard disclaimer, but do you think I should take actions to meet these "requirements"? If so, the exhaust would have to move down and back a little bit.

if you feel it's a good idea, how should i go about moving the exhaust?

you could put the oem bumpers back on. If you are stuck on a body kit, I guess you could cut and weld the hangers. If it's just the tip, just mess with the hangers. I am not an expert at this, it's just a guess.

rip the cheese dick kit off .... then you wont have clearance issues

dude i think body kits are hella lame, but put some 2 sided tape between the kit and the muffler, just a lil bit so u cant see it, but all the way around. it will hold the muffler from bouncing up and hitting the kit, and also keeps the kit from getting overly hot.

beat the shit outta your exhaust hangar some to make the hangar hang lower...or go to an exhaust shop and have them fix it.

sorry guys, the kit is brand new and cost me a good chunk of change....I'm not ripping it off.

Bodykits are only lame when you can't back em up with power...not the case.

BTW, I know sleepers are a blast....that's why I have my 88 crx hf which will remain sleeper.

Back to the subject at hand, The only solution I can come up with is buying or fabricating a spacer to put between the flanges that connect the muffler section to the midpipe, thus bumping it out a little bit.

As far as dropping it down a little bit, I assume the best plan is to just get slightly longer hangers.

If you have other advice, please let me know.

Back