Exhaust back pressure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xkwzt21

Can anyone tell me the advantages/disadvantages of exhaust back pressure? Can your exhaust piping get too big in diameter, or is it the more flow the better? BTW, this will be an N/A ITR motor.

Yes, your piping can be to big.

You want your pipe to be the largest possible while still maintaining smooth laminar flow through the entire pipe length at engine speeds/loads that you want to make power with.

Make sense? :lol:

The basic rule for most honda's is, 2.25" exaust for mild to slightly moddified Naturally Aspirated motors, 2.5" for Moddified Naturally aspirated motors and mildly boosted motors. 3" or higher for full on boosted motors.

i tried to be all innovative and took off my rear section before i went to the drag strip thinking it would maybe give me a coupla extra horses did this prob help or hurt ....not post jacking here just quick question while on the subject :D

Pulling the rear section doesn't really help unless the rest of the system is less restrictive too. The stock exhaust system was designed to work with the stock induction system. If you have an intake, that frees up some flow restriction right there, and so pulling the rear section is going to accentuate that increase in flow all the way through the system. Keep in mind that you are not going to see a breth taking increase in power. If you notice any at all, it will be in the top end. MOst stock honda exhaust systems are tuned to help out in the midrange, where every honda is lacking.

Back