exhaust break in period?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
i have rs*r gtII exhaust on my 240sx. It sounded shitty when i first got it, but all of a sudden after about 2 or 3 months is sounds really good. it's deep, not ricey, and is quiet until a get to about 5,000 rpm and wot. so is there a break in period or am i just hearing things.

on my old CRX, after a few months my exhaust started to sound really good.. at first it had a raspy buzzing sound.. it was a magnaflow with 2 1/4 piping..

Yes, there's a break-in period with just about every exhaust system that uses some type of filler to dampen sound- and that covers just about every single import car exhaust system.

These are going on my car when I have the money to go to RMF for my system...

http://www.burnsstainless.com/UltraliteMuf...itemuffler.html

SSmuf-2.gif

I don't think they have any filler in them...weigh like 2 pounds too...

RMF is a guy based out of pheonix. he makes some sick headers. and the numbers speak for themslves, in many independent header tests, RMF has been on top, and im not talking about against dc headers... these tests were between RMF, SMSP, HyTech, Rage, DTR, Highend, etc. he used to work for AN-R and he designed their (his) headers. in fact hes currently in a legal battle over AN-R still using his design after he doesn work there anymore. hes made headers for a lot of companies and race teams. hes been making headers for over 30 years. hes one of the best in the business.

heres one http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1538831

theres a lot of variables, and im sure in different circumstances the other headers could have come out on top (except the dc, it had no chance against the competition, lol) but you can see, the RMF header is on the same level as SMSP and Hytech as far as quality and power.

RMF header is cheaper too :) 700 in mild steel with a ceramic coating. but if you want stainless its like 1000.

ill be getting an RMF once i gett he coin for it :)

Ohh ok. I had never heard of him. I'll definitely keep him in mind when it comes time to play with some custom headers.

Randy is actually in LA now, well, when I last talked to him in... August? He had a shop over by the Hooker headers place. Rocket's in good contact with him, that's how I found out about him. And yeah, he makes GOOD stuff. I'm sure my system will sound AWESOME when it gets done, it'll be stainless all the way back. Anyway, I'm off topic, lol.

Back