1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust decisons for H22/civic

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by sniperwolf04, Oct 29, 2003.

1. sniperwolf04

sniperwolf04 Junior Member

I wanna swap an H22 into a 94 civic, but I'm wondering if i can buy the exhaust for the prelude engine or for the civic engine or if I have to have it cut to a custom length so it won't be too short or stick out a foot from the bumper. (J/k.) Any advice would be nice for those of you who have done the swap yourselves. What exahust did you use and how did you order it (custom or just out of a retail inventory). thanks!!

2. BadAznMan

BadAznMan Junior Member

i went to a local muffler shop and got custom done. they didnt have 2.5" so i went with 2.25" and a stock looking muffler. costed cheaper than a retail exhaust (300 compared to 500) and worked about the same as it would.

3. civic15.8

civic15.8 Senior Member

if you get a cat back exhaust system then get the one for the car but you may have to add a few inches were the header meets the cat

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

get your cars catback version and then connect from the h22 header to the start of your catback exhaust at a muff shop.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

im with milan.

get a cat back for your civic.
    a header for the lude/h22.

measure what's left, and order a cat that's the right size :) carsounds makes all lengths.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted