1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhaust details

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by PLA5151, Apr 21, 2005.

1. PLA5151

PLA5151 New Member

just dropped an H22A into a civic coupe body, would a prelude cat-back system work since the length of the civic body is shorter? or should I just buy the muffler and have customized downpipe....also, opinions on what the diameter of the downpipe should be, I am goin all-motor...and opinions on what exhausts yield really good net HP gains

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

All motor, as in fully built, or all motor as in some add ons? 2.25-2.50 is perfect.

3. PLA5151

PLA5151 New Member

well, all-motor meaning non turbo, I don't know just how far I'll take it....but I'm more overly concerned with the first question....exhaust from the cat back or a muffler only with a fabricated downpipe

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

If you're worried about fitment, just have a muffler shop weld you up something, probably cost a lot less than buying one premade.

5. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Well young Auron, for B-series engine swaps, the catback kit for your specific car is the one that fits....but, I dont know about the H's collector mounting location.

As for what makes power? Magnaflow, RSR, APEXi.

2.25-2.5 is fine for all motor.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted