exhaust details

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

just dropped an H22A into a civic coupe body, would a prelude cat-back system work since the length of the civic body is shorter? or should I just buy the muffler and have customized downpipe....also, opinions on what the diameter of the downpipe should be, I am goin all-motor...and opinions on what exhausts yield really good net HP gains

All motor, as in fully built, or all motor as in some add ons? 2.25-2.50 is perfect.

well, all-motor meaning non turbo, I don't know just how far I'll take it....but I'm more overly concerned with the first question....exhaust from the cat back or a muffler only with a fabricated downpipe

If you're worried about fitment, just have a muffler shop weld you up something, probably cost a lot less than buying one premade.

Originally posted by PLA5151@Apr 21 2005, 10:24 PM
just dropped an H22A into a civic coupe body, would a prelude cat-back system work since the length of the civic body is shorter? or should I just buy the muffler and have customized downpipe....also, opinions on what the diameter of the downpipe should be, I am goin all-motor...and opinions on what exhausts yield really good net HP gains
[post=489854]Quoted post[/post]​

Well young Auron, for B-series engine swaps, the catback kit for your specific car is the one that fits....but, I dont know about the H's collector mounting location.

As for what makes power? Magnaflow, RSR, APEXi.

2.25-2.5 is fine for all motor.

Back