Exhaust Emergency!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanderinman

Ok, so I hacked off my old exhaust because there was no way to really unbolt it. Then I get my new DC sports exhaust all hung up and start bolting it together, and realize it doesn't fit... barely. The part that turns shorts after the resonator turns about 1 1/2 - 2" too soon. If I push and pull and yank and prod at it for a while, I managed to get the whole thing bolted together, but there is an exhaust leak at the cat which I can't figure out, and the pipes definitely rub the bottom part of my body. So the question finally is... is there any kind of exhaust spacer I could run to extend this part? I was basically going to get some longer bolts, and put a whole bunch of exhaust flanges alternated with gaskets until it filled the gap, but I can't find those either.

SHORT VERSION:
Does anyone know of a company that makes exhaust spacers?

The test pipe was kind of what I wanted to do, but where would I buy the brackets to make them bolt up to my exhaust? Thats killin me right now tryin to find.

And hey, does anyone know the diameter of the DC sports exhaust off the top of their head, it looks to me like 2 1/2", and searching online just brings me to shitty store after shitty store... nothing on the DC Sports website.

You could also pick up a flex pipe, I don't know where they sell them, but I have seen a few people use them to fix none fitting exhaust.

Back