Exhaust fitment.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

i want to buy an Apexi WS2 exhaust system for my 97 civic dx coupe. I was wondering, since I have an aftermarket header on, would I buy the exhaust for the dx or the ex. ( since the dx is supposed to have the cat on the header.). This mite be a dumb question, but i want all my basis covered before I spend the $$$. Thanx for the help.

I dont know for sure, but I do know they list different part numbers for the ex and the dx. Does anyone know the answer?

ok so you own a dx, but with your new high performance header, you have no cat converter? or no cat on the header, but are using an ex cat converter?

Yes, I own a DX. I have some cheap ass aftermarket header on the right now, therefore, i no longer have the cat on the header like the dx comes stock with. It is not an ex cat, I have no idea what kind of cat it is, the exhaust shop threw one on when i had my skunk2 exhaust put on, but it is after the header now, like on the ex. My guess would be to get the ex system, but I want to know for sure. Does anyone know which one to get?

Here are your options:

Get a DX model if you want no cat converter, will bolt right up to the header with no problems.

Get a EX model if you want a cat converter, you will basicaly upgrade to an EX exhaust setup. You will need a stock EX cat converter or have to custom and aftermarket unit to fit.

Back