exhaust for 95 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90htchbck

i have a Stock 95 civic ex, looking to put an exhaust i'm looking for a deep sound, not too loud and raspy, i used to have a magnaflow on my 91 hatch but i can't remember the piping, how do you guys feel about 2" piping with a magnaflow muffler??? can i use the stock cat conv.??? not looking to spend too much money, what would be better magnaflow or flowmaster???

2 inches is TINY and if you plan on going turbo, 2.5 inch is the minimum to run decent numbers, 3.0 is more commonly available for turbo setups, and a "Test Pipe" to replace your cat is like $20 on Ebay.

if i put a test pipe will it still pass smog??? i'm not too familiar with test pipe but...does it just eliminate the cat??? why not just run a straight pipe from exhaust manifold to muffler???

Dont use a test pipe, you'll have emission issues, its gonna sound shittier,(raspy) and the honda cat is actually very efficeint, creating only a 1-3 pounds of backpressure.

also depending on your engine you do NOT want to run 2.5, if you are running a SOHC than you will kill exhaust velocity with piping that big... damn ive already gone over this like 7 or 8 times now... :sigh:

Back