Exhaust Header Wrap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red95solsi

Does exhaust header wrap help improve horsepower and reduce underhood temperatures like the magazines and websites selling it claim does anyone have any experience with it?

yes it helps

ive heard that it can cause the header to rot out faster due to holding in any moisture and grime and keeping it right against the header

but the header gets hot enough to evaporate any moisture that gets on the wrap and if you do a good job wraping any grime that gets on there isnt going to get through to the header... so id say go for it

its like 25 bucks for the wrap so i figure if it gains power then it should be worth it and i am justwanting a cheap boost in power until i get a turbo kit for my z6 or an engine swap probably a turbo though if i get either then the header wont be on for long anyways so if it rots out faster it wont really matter in the 5-6 months it should take cause either way i need new header or turbo manifold

It is, I wrapped my JDM ITR header back in the day, And I put the heatshield on it from oem. the shit was nice........

Milan

and why would the heatshield be boring, it's serves a functional purpose and it's a nice jspec addition.

Hey nice homepage, I really like your old ride and that you and your buddy do burnouts up north in parking lots, and the red hose addition is a really nice touch to your camry. :worthy: :troll:

Milan :fuckyou3:

i like the heatshield on a JDM ITR or CTR header idea because it makes the engine bay look stock.

oh yeah, nice pics. what the fuck is wrong with you guys? why would you take some gay ass pics like that? what, you guys are trying to be "gangsta" posing next to your cars?

that site was -_- ... the pics were :ghey: ...the red tubing is :mullet: ...

hahaha you got it, for a second I thought it was the infamous "stunnazz" :bash:

ahhahahahhhahah the "the burnout stunnazzzz"

Milan

one of the best places to put the wrap is on the header/manifold right below the oilpan but I think that stuff works wonders on large turbo cars. :beer:

would exhaust header wrap work well on a shitt CAI i bought from the chineese guys in diamond bar for 30.00?

i noticed my dummy temp. guage on my ek coupe rise a little bit when i first installed the cai.

Originally posted by JDMilan@May 29 2003, 03:57 PM
hahaha you got it, for a second I thought it was the infamous "stunnazz" :bash:

ahhahahahhhahah the "the burnout stunnazzzz"

Milan

haha that webpage does kinda look like the icy hot stunnaz webpage

p.s. i dont know why, but this kinda bothers (is that the word im lookin for?)
me.....

why do u sign ur name after every post?

just curious :D

cai yes it helps every thing helps but dont expect to lower your times by just that

I wouldn't use it on ceramic headers thats why u bought them and who ever said it can rott them out was right but I dont think its a major concern its usually the camero guys :mullet: who say that.

are you sure by :sleep: he didn't mean "it makes it look like a sleeper". I'm pretty sure you just tooled on him for no reason

I always sign everything. Just started doing it because my name gets confused with the milano red si's back in the day. I started off with clubsi.com when it first came out.l

Milan

personally, i hate the shit and won't use it.

yes, it may keep your bay temps down a couple degrees (is it really noticable enough??) but at the same time its fucking with the flow of the exhaust. the pipe's need to breathe.

Back