Exhaust Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok here is my ordeal, The same thing happened with both my civic (that i drive now) and my 97 accord. I had this custom exhaust done (same person who is now out of business) and i could really feel the large gain in horse power, but.... at a cost... a few months after it happened to both veichles, white smoke started coming from the exhaust, and oil and gas deposists were left on the back of the cars in large amounts.... (some of my friends say that my rings are fried) but i'm not sure about that... so help me out.. thanks

dylan

p.s. my bad on the shitty poll

well i'm shifting way before the red line... oh... another thing i forgot to add (sorry) it's an extremely loud exhaust on the civic (more so than the accord) could the loudness of the exhaust system have any part of it (hey u don't know anything till you ask right?)

dylan

bad headgasket??

as far as i know:
white smoke = coolant
blue smoke = oil
black smoke = too much fuel

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 12 2003, 01:45 PM
bad headgasket??

as far as i know:
white smoke = coolant
blue smoke = oil
black smoke = too much fuel

black smoke can be carbon deposits also

Yeah, I'm with E Solsi. It sounds like you may have blown a head gasket. If there is water dripping from your muffler you'll know. My brother's stang just blew a head gasket. White smoke, oil and water comming out the exhaust. Not a good thing.

yeah that was the problem. thank fully caught it soon enough to where it didn't cause any extra damage... thanks alot for the head ups... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

dylan

Back